colebearcolebear Posts: 886 ✭✭
    he bothers me
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    Irony

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    If that's the case, then every NBA team is racist against all non-black races.

The stupid thing about this is that NO organization is going to pass on players who can help them WIN MORE GAMES. Does Jackson think the Braves would intentionally field an inferior team (compared to what they have available) because of racism? Does he think Schuerholz will pass on players because of the color of their skin without regard to talent?

Who is the all-time home run king, Mister 'Hymietown'? And with which franchise did he become the all-time leader?
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Here's more evidence that Jerkson is a nincompoop.

Non-Hispanic Black players represented 8.4% of all MLB players in 2006. This doomsaying has been shouted all over the place from the diversity police lately.

Now, let's pretend there is a coin which comes up "heads" 8.4% of the time and "tails" 91.6% of the time. We flip it 25 times to determine the racial makeup of a major league roster.

If I remember my college probability and statistics correctly, it would seem that the coin would turn up "tails" 25 times (no black players) 11.15% of the time! Thus, shouldn't we expect about 3-4 teams (11.15% of the total) to have no black players at all?

In fact, by random distribution there should also be 25.57% of the teams with one black player, 28.14% would have two, 19.78% three. Only 5.38% would have more than four black players.

By DUMB LUCK there should be 3-4 teams with no black players given their percentage makeup in MLB.
  • Options
    thegemmintmanthegemmintman Posts: 3,101 ✭✭
    Why did they even agree to meet with this extortionist?
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I very pleasant and enjoyable moment for lots of people would be to see shakedown artists like Jesse Jackson be the object of a shakedown. How about having the IRS audit the income, expenses and tax returns Jesse Jackson, his family and his various tax exempt entities that he controls or is involved with.

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that Jesse Jackson should take a trip out of the country and investigate/shakedown some Canadian, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian and Russian hockey teams about the lack of black players on their teams.

He went to the middle east in the past to offer his services in brokering peaceful resolutions to conflicts there, so why not increase his interantional stature by taking on the racist powerbrokers of non US hockey?
  • Options
    shocking.

where have all the black players gone...

oh, there they are, i just turned on TNT....basketball playoffs! found em!
  • Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926

<< <i>Why did they even agree to meet with this extortionist? >>

I agree

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are "Hispanic" blacks (like David Ortiz and Andrew Jones) not considered black? Oh, that's right, if they were, then Jesse would have one less thing to complain about.
  • Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942
    The decline in the number of African Americans involved with baseball is well documented and I don't believe discrimination has
    much to do with it.

Trying to get young African Americans interested in the sport has been a hard sell. To really play the game you need nine people,
    each with a glove, bats and assorted other gear. It takes money, time, organization and of course a ball field which are not that
    easy to find in the inner city.

Basketball on the other hand you just need a couple of hoops (or even one) and a basketball and you are in business.

Magic, Michael Jordan, Labron etc. are role models who went onto fame and fortune quite easily while in baseball there is the
    minor league system of slowly (and that is the key word) working your way up to the big time while with basketball the rise to the
    top seems much quicker. Impressionable kids notice these things.

The slow pace of the game of baseball I think is also a turnoff to the hip hop generation attitude which likes to be flashy and fast.
  • Options
    "Why are "Hispanic" blacks (like David Ortiz and Andrew Jones) not considered black? Oh, that's right, if they were, then Jesse would have one less thing to complain about."

because they themselves dont consider them black. I have many hispanic/dominican black co-workers, they dont think of themselves as "black" thats reserved for African Americans lol. I guess its' how they perceive themselves.