Home Sports Talk
Options

Roger Clemens - the white knight on a horse riding in to save the evil empire

This is all very interesting and fun. Think he would pitch in a game against Boston at Fenway? Wouldn't that be something?

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This is all very interesting and fun. Think he would pitch in a game against Boston at Fenway? Wouldn't that be something? >>

I hope he gets the chance to pitch two or three against Boston at Fenway, that would be sweet.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Everybody" feels he's going to do great as usual. I'm not so sure - he's gotta get old sometime?
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    i agree how long can he keep this up??? and it couldn't happen to a nicer team then for him to go south as a yankee, although i do like to watch him pitch.
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

<< <i>"Everybody" feels he's going to do great as usual. I'm not so sure - he's gotta get old sometime? >>

I don't get that feeling at all. Every blog, forum, and news article all seem to predict that he'll do OK, but no where the performance he's exhibited in the NL. It's more likely he'll have a Randy Johnson type year with NY, a high ERA (for Clemens anyway) with xx number of wins thanks to good run support. That said, I think everyone agrees he'll certainly be better than some of the rookies they can bring up from the farm, which of course doesn't say much for their situation.