Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Now buying NGC coins (deleted PCGS registry sets, moving to NGC)

I do not like what is going on in the registry sets. I am moving to NGC. Since I am moving there I figure that I should start buying their coins (and probably ONLY their coins)

Comments

• Options
    littlewicherlittlewicher Posts: 1,822 ✭✭
    Are you selling off any PCGS coins then? I'm looking for some Lincolns. Thanks,Brian.

For some life lasts a short while, but the memories it holds last forever.
    -Laura Swenson

In memory of BL, SM, and KG. 16 and forever young, rest in peace.
  • Options
    merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
    sonofahgunk
    Good for you!
    Don
    Registry 1909-1958 Proof Lincolns
  • Options
    Welcome. The best thing about the NGC registry is that it does not matter if your coins are NGC, PCGS or a mix. They do not even care if you list a set that is 100% PCGS. Plus they give out their population information free.
    Collect PCGS and NGC certified U.S. Type, early Commems and gold dollars
  • Options
    SOG,

Sorry to see you go, you've help me quite a bit. If you need to purge those slabs, I'll see if I can help. I think the NGC hold a tremendous opportunity. I've seen coins in the same grade and the NGC may have better eye appeal but the PCGS is 10x higher? Too many people buying the slab. I've atleast given up on submitting anything to PCGS, what a waste of good money

Rich
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    Allright sonof*gunk, we'll see ya again when PCGS stablizes and NGC starts going through their inevitable growing pains. image
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    sonofagunksonofagunk Posts: 1,349 ✭✭
    I am keeping the PCGS that I have, but I am more than willing to trade them to get NGC coins. Have to see what the price difference is of course :>

Now the only problem is getting boxes that hold both of them so that I can keep my coins in order.
  • Options
    SONO, I have already been there Dena at NGC Registry is a sweet thing She will promise you the moon BUT when you submit coins God only knows what you will get. The Graders not Dena. The 3rd party graders need to call a TRUCE!! We as collectors only want the same opertunity as all (the upper 3%) the rest.
    I know at least all and I mean ALL Grading habits have been the same for ALL the past few months with PCGS.
    I can't say the same for NGC.
    Hate to see you go. I keep telling myself this is only a HOBBY.
    Rick Stewart Collections
    Again these are my personal views. I am only explaining image not complainingimage No negitive feedback Please!image
  • Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    let's see the money I have a Franklin half Proof set all graded by NGC PF 67 1950 to 1963 the 1959 is PF 68 Registry quality set $3000.00

Pat Vetterimage
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Options
    Hey SOG, I use NGC boxes because they hold both type of coins very nicely. Plus, they are smoky grey in color and you can see the coin in front. Check'em out!

Ken