Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

STARTING THE NEW YEAR RIGHT!!

wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hi everyone. Listen, an unfortunate situation occured yesterday and for that I SINCERELY APOLOGIZE. What began as a (verbal) dramatization, which I tried from the beginning to make clear was not real (e.g. my "unreliable sources" comment in the initial thread, HD's staged "Clinton" reply, etc.) was not interpreted as myself and HD intended it to be. Screenwriters or science fiction writers we will, obviously, never be.

I considered the underlying issue to be imporant to registry participants, which is why I decided to raise it in the firstplace. It is clear that coins and humour may not mix; certainly not the way I put together my first theatrical presentation of the topic!! From now on, I will stick to what I know best, which is writing on 20th Century coins.

I wish everyone a Happy New Year and I hope you are all enjoying special times with family and friends. Wondercoin.

P.S. If this situation resulted in a single positive action, it was this. Most of you may not have realized it, but Registrycoin (Steve) had not written on the boards for a very long time. This topic brought him out again. If PCGS were to give awards for the decade of the 1990's, Registrycoin would certainly win "Top Registry Set Collector of the 1990's". It was great to see him back in on the boards!!
Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.

Comments

• Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    You had us trippin allright and there are still unanswered questions which you caused to be raised. I hope you address them rather than just using this as your own personal buy & sell forum. I for one have no intentions of deleting my sets or stopping doing business with any of you but I hope someone can answer these questions which have been on my mind for a while. image
    Good luck on everybody's sets in 2002 and keep it fun!
    Dog
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    No harm no foul. I think it was a good point to mention. Atleast you didnt post it on Friday and left everyone hanging until Wednesday. You guys were on top of it and nipped it in the bud when you saw it was getting out of control.
    Rich
  • Options
    Wondercoin you are right your post yesterday did bring people out of the wood work, all with strong views and opinions. While I don’t agree with how you made your point it was a subject that needed to be discussed. Now that we have that issue behind us, we need to move forward and try to make our hobby and registry set collecting better. 2002 is going to be interesting with all the changes coming for the PCGS set registry.
    Mike
    Happy New Year everyone
    Mike
  • Options
    Great. But what about my deposit on the Steam Roller? It's non-refundable.
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    I think this and the other post was best of the year...it made all of us think...seriously...this is the way I see it....some may think im an idiot for saying so...but it really raised issues that needed be addressed...FOR ALL'S BENIFIT THAT PARTICIPATE IN THE PROGRAM. Wouldnt you like to know if this was going on as you mortgage your house just cause you dont like being #3 and wanna be #1 or whatever...if this was going on, youd loose your house and not get anywhere...Mitch is just trying to make sure the playing field is level and fair is all...

period

Thanks for listening

(although, if someone wants to rent me a pr70dcam statehood...lol KIDDING GEESH!

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    Let me repeat my reply to the other original thread here:

My only problem with this whole fiasco was the fact that I have respect for both WC and HD. For the life of me I could not bring myself to believe HD would lease coins or WC would slander someone with information from an unreliable source. You guys really tore me appart with this one.

DON'T DO IT AGAIN!

Happy New Year Mitch appology accepted.
    Bill

09/07/2006