Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Images in Signature Lines

Images in signature lines are getting out of hand again. Please take a moment to check yours and if it is too big, re-size it.
Images should be 200 x 400 and no larger than 20k.

If you image is too large you will be asked to remove or reduce the image size.
If you do not reduce the size, we will remove your signature line.

If you do not know how to reduce the image size, please ask your fellow forum members. Many are quite knowledgeable and helpful.

Thank you,

Carol

Comments

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Hi Carol image

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hi Carol image

image >>

Stop flirting!!image
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    You allow avatars, why don't you just do away with signature pics?
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Because if you did that, nobody would be able to put links in their signature.
  • Options
    It's true. In the Signature area it is all or nothing.
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

<< <i>Hi Carol image

image >>

Moderator's pet. image
  • Options
    onlychildonlychild Posts: 312
    IMO there is nothing more annoying than those large images. It's one of the reasons why I don't post too often....I can't get through one thread without getting frustrated into leaving.

Kevin
  • Options

<< <i>Images in signature lines are getting out of hand again. Please take a moment to check yours and if it is too big, re-size it.

If you do not know how to reduce the image size, please ask your fellow forum members. Many are quite knowledgeable and helpful.

Thank you,

Carol >>

image Sorry, I'll try to reduce mine some
    When I made it I was so trying not to get it too big but it was hard to shrink the image down and still allow the names to be read...

Back in a bit with it improved to the standards!
    Shea
    Currently searching for 05 Upper Deck Origins & Old Judge Autos #/5 (Feller, Hafner, V.Martinez & Rosen)
    and 06 SP Authentic “By The Numbers” Letter Autos (Sabathia, Hafner, Sowers, V.Martinez & Lee)
  • Options
    LWMMLWMM Posts: 471
    Check out this...
    Looking for Jonny Gomes cards, especially Triple Threads and printing plates. Will consider all cards, though. Got something? Contact me at c_u_l_1@yahoo.com
  • Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Personally, all that matters to me is the HEIGHT of the sig. I don't care how wide or the size of the file, but I hate tall sigs, as they make the threads soooo long. The beckett board is almost unreadable for this reason. Hell, some posters there actually have "Sig starts here" at the top of their sigs. Jeez.

Thanks, Carol, for preventing that from happening here.
  • Options
    So is that better at all or still kind of a bit much?

I actually agree completely with Ajw about the height being the real annoying part of some sigs and that’s what I’m trying to focus on... image

I’m also not sure I even care for this banner too much and will do a bit more tweaking to get it a little shorter and maybe thinner ~ I’m just extremely limited with the tools I have available to me and don’t have the capability to do that fancy of stuff…

I do want to try to keep the sig though, signatures with Pictures is the easiest way to remember people by. Icons are nice, but the small size and oftentimes similar looking pictures can make some difficult to distinguish upon quick glance. The banner is the real “oh yeah, him” kind of reminder…

Shea
    Currently searching for 05 Upper Deck Origins & Old Judge Autos #/5 (Feller, Hafner, V.Martinez & Rosen)
    and 06 SP Authentic “By The Numbers” Letter Autos (Sabathia, Hafner, Sowers, V.Martinez & Lee)
  • Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    As on of the great majority without these annoying photos all I can say is Bravo.

Will all due respect Tradershea people pretty much know one another without having pictures. In your case I can barely make out the names of the players due to the color contrast. If I wasn't an old geezer I would have no clue who they were by trying to read your photo.

If someone wants links to their sets, favorite players etc. that is great. Otherwise these pictures are just another form of spam that we are constantly seeing over and over again.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a guy thing. Gotta show who's is bigger. image
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    LWMMLWMM Posts: 471
    Adding some content to my previous post, I personally am against pictured in signatures---one thing I really like about N54, e.g., is that you can scroll fluidly without having to pass over signatures. That said, I agree that having a couple lines for text is a good thing (links, etc.), but images mostly just add clutter.

This wasn't directed at anyone, by the way.
    Looking for Jonny Gomes cards, especially Triple Threads and printing plates. Will consider all cards, though. Got something? Contact me at c_u_l_1@yahoo.com
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Thank you Carol!

I could care less if there were no signatures at all, for the most part they are annoying. Like mentioned above, the Beckett board is completely unreadable because of this. I know most people have broadband these days, but if you are still on dial-up, signatures are an even bigger annoyance.
  • Options
    Add me to the group that would like to see sigs done away with.
  • Options
    colebearcolebear Posts: 886 ✭✭

<< <i>Personally, all that matters to me is the HEIGHT of the sig. I don't care how wide or the size of the file, but I hate tall sigs, as they make the threads soooo long. The beckett board is almost unreadable for this reason. Hell, some posters there actually have "Sig starts here" at the top of their sigs. Jeez.

Thanks, Carol, for preventing that from happening here. >>

I can not stand tall or big files. Tall ones take longer to scroll through and large files take a long time to let a page load. I adjusted my settings to allow only twenty posts per page because the load times have gotten annoying.

BTW I have to agree that Beckett needs to control their poster's sig line. It is the #1 reason I do not post or read the stuff on their boards.

Anyways, thanks for the reminder Carol
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>IMO there is nothing more annoying than those large images. It's one of the reasons why I don't post too often....I can't get through one thread without getting frustrated into leaving.

Kevin >>

kevin prefers smurf sized siglines.. image
    ·p_A·
  • Options

<< <i>IMO there is nothing more annoying than those large images. It's one of the reasons why I don't post too often....I can't get through one thread without getting frustrated into leaving.

Kevin >>

Hey bro. If you don't post because of sig lines, I strongly suggest not reviewing the mail call thread.

Very weak IMO.

Hi Carol image

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>

Hey bro. If you don't post because of sig lines, I strongly suggest not reviewing the mail call thread.

Very weak IMO.

Hi Carol image

image >>

The point of the Mail Call thread is to see DIFFERENT scans and pictures every day. A sig file image simply shows the same picture time after time after time. We're all happy to let the Mail Call thread load because we're going to see new cards and collectibles that we haven't seen before. Not the same thing at all.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So is that better at all or still kind of a bit much?

Shea >>

Shea, I think this is as big as your sig image can be.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your sig's too big?

I vote for the Death Penalty!

Mike
  • Options

<< <i>The point of the Mail Call thread is to see DIFFERENT scans and pictures every day. A sig file image simply shows the same picture time after time after time. We're all happy to let the Mail Call thread load because we're going to see new cards and collectibles that we haven't seen before. Not the same thing at all. >>

I was being sarcastic (and a tad tipsy too).

Some huge sig lines are annoying but I wouldn't say that I become frustrated or refuse to post because of them. I think that's over doing it just a little bit.. Know what I mean?

Hi Carol image
  • Options
    "Add me to the group that would like to see sigs done away with. "

i disagree lol.

i like em! it's fun to see what people put there.
  • Options

<< <i>Will all due respect Tradershea people pretty much know one another without having pictures. In your case I can barely make out the names of the players due to the color contrast. If I wasn't an old geezer I would have no clue who they were by trying to read your photo.
    >>

I hear ya, my point was more to the fact that I don’t know everyone though and honestly don’t know if I ever will as more and more new members join. People with no or similar icon pictures put me in a position where I find myself having to look over and read their name (which ideally doesn’t look like someone else’s name) with each post to see who the poster was and if I remember or maybe know them.

I of course try my best to remember everyone, but the signature photos act kind of like clothing on a cartoon character ~ you recognize the person without even having to think about it.

Oh, and another updated banner ~ think I’m happier now and although I did go over the length limit I am well under the height and the file size is just a teeny bit over what was allotted. I can still make out the words, and using just plain-ol primitive paint I’m pretty proud of the new look. Hope ya’ll feel the same image
  • Options
    I removed my banner sorry for the inconvenience. I was just being a Reds fan.

Thanks
    Mike
    Reds Team Set Collector (Raw)
    Pete Rose PSA Basic Set
    Johnny Bench PSA Basic Set
  • Options
    SoutherncardsSoutherncards Posts: 1,384 ✭✭

Johnnie Cochran says..........if the sig's too big, Joe will flip his wig!
  • Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    hear ya, my point was more to the fact that I don’t know everyone though and honestly don’t know if I ever will as more and more new members join. People with no or similar icon pictures put me in a position where I find myself having to look over and read their name (which ideally doesn’t look like someone else’s name) with each post to see who the poster was and if I remember or maybe know them

i don't know many people either but i have made several transactions with board members and felt satisfied each as i hope they did as well. to me that is a lot more important that i can pick up something i need, or help someone else out at reasonable prices and avoid ebay fees. you'll never know everyone on this board and probably wouldn't want to!
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    I like big sigs I can not lie...

• Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>"Add me to the group that would like to see sigs done away with. "

i disagree lol.

i like em! it's fun to see what people put there. >>

That would suck to ban them, as you have the best one, IMO. Not sure why, perhaps cuz I've been a Simpsons fan since day one? I guess having the Simpsons' sports card shop owner with the Duff Man sorta go well together?
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    Well with the Simpsons movie coming out this summer I wanted to pay homage to my four favorite supporting characters. Especially Ralph Wiggum, who, like me loves the taste of grade school paste.

simply delicious.
  • Options
    Bump.
  • Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,159

<< <i>Images in signature lines are getting out of hand again. Please take a moment to check yours and if it is too big, re-size it.

Thank you,

Carol >>

Carol, I am working on a new signature image and I'm curious if these rules still apply.

Thanks!
    Craig