Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Here's the Real Disapointment of it all:

It just occurred to me what has been bothering me. It's not so much the message that was given today with the "Lease/Rent" threads and it isn't even the disapointing way it was presented.
I've personally figured something out. Stay with me here for a moment: There is certain behavior I've come to take for granted on these forums.
For example, I know pretty much what I'm going to get when I open a thread from Coinmonger or Cobb, or indebted.
I know what I'm going to get when SunRa enters the Open Forum (he's worth the price of admission alone! -Funny stuff).
I know when I read a post or a thread from Spooly or Dog97 or TomB that I'm going to enjoy an informal, albeit educational topic.

Now, I've also come to take for granted certain truths. I know that (for the most part) Shiroh; TRUTH; RegistryCoin; Supercoin; MichaelDixon; Askari; Keith, and yes, Wondercoin, do NOT participate in "Troll Threads".

They were usually absent in some of my earlier threads and topics. Rightfully so. It's not just a positive character atribute, but (and I mean this in a sincere, openly honest way) it was because they were, and are, above all that.

Well, that has been shattered by one.
When Wondercoin involved himself with opening a THREAD that ended up being a fraud (I know, I know, not a real serious one) he removed himself from that list.
I'm sure he'll quickly restore all his previous good faith via continued great threads and opinions and postings, and all will be forgotten- for the most part.

You can remove a nail from a clean, smooth board, but the damage is done. That realization is what is most disturbing about yesterday's events.

Comments

• Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    I think I'm gonna pukeimage
    Marshall
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    LOL..... image
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "You can remove a nail from a clean, smooth board, but the damage is done. That realization is what is most disturbing about yesterday's events"

Modman: I removed a nail from my rubber tire the other day and it left no damage. image

You don't know me very well if you think this "incident" will set me back. Few other serious coin sellers on this board would have even raised the loophole at all. Would they have been the smarter ones? TIME WILL TELL. No doubt there are a few members of this board I won't be selling coins to; that's the price I pay. Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, isn't it great to know we're all members of the human race? I dropped a slice of my breakfast toast this morning (butter side down, of course). Somehow I managed and will still get through this day!

As far as I know, my coins are still secure in their warm, cozy safe.
    All the hoopla many members are causing over what is really- if you read it throughly- enjoyable and educational writing!- is unwarranted.

I think all of our lives are the same, and maybe even slightly enhanced because (as Mitch pointed out) it DID get Registrycoin and Dog97 to write. A lot!

peacockcoins

• Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    It was a non-event to me because I was hanging out on the US Forum as usual with no opinion other than a grade or AT reply, a thread was posted there inviting us here to voice our opinion yet no one has addressed my questions regarding this subject and the related questions it raised in my mind in 2 different threads about why did rent/lease come up in the first place. Since it wasn't a Modman or jmwarren reply, or weight, or pop question I guess nobody understood it.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    I keep waiting for ModMan to tell us he's picking up his coins and going home.... snif.

I don't think he wants to play with us anymore.

LOL

madmike
  • Options
    MadMike- What coins?
    ((Hey, we share the "MM" initials. Be my friend?))