Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

Pairings set for the Official Coin Swap. See my latest post ASAP

Pairings for the Coin Swap are set & can be seen in my last post on the bottom of the page

Let's communicate and get this ball rolling.

Comments

• Options
    scooter25scooter25 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭✭
    I am in! need some details though boom. lol
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    In again. image
  • Options
    I'd like to take part.

I've read what I need to in past swap threads.
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭

<< <i>In again. image >>

ME TOO!

Sign me up BOOM!

TorinoCobra71

• Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm in

For $50-$100

Jim
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
    eyoung429eyoung429 Posts: 6,374
    Count me in - $50 to $200
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options
    Thank you for hosting this Boom. Did I provide you with all you require of everyone that takes part?

Hey guys ( and girls ) sign up. We need more swappers.

Any news regarding Arlea1957?
  • Options
    Arlea1957 "MIA"

• Options
    This is really beginning to concern me. We need to get to the bottom of this.

To Hell with the Junk. What's the matter with Arlea1957? Something is definitely not right here.
  • Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    I have tried to reach arlea1957 the following ways:
    1. Private messages
    2. Posting here
    3. E-Bay email
    4. Regular mail
    5. Calls to his Nextel number provided by a forum member (disconnected)
    6. Call to his mother-in-law (who said she would give Rob the message to call me)
    7. On Monday, I sent certified letters to his Souderton and Telford PA addresses
    8. Also sent a regular mail letter to his in-laws address

Any help in contacting Rob would be appreciated.

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    docgdocg Posts: 528 ✭✭
    I'm in.
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    All that have signed up are IN. Claychaser, are you in? I miseed that part?

Let's get some more people in here.

You guys want to shoot for Mother's Day. If so we need to get moving. If not, we can always push it back a week or so.

Later fellas. Off to work I go. image
  • Options
    I was so busy thinking about my reply to BigBubba, I forgot to say "please put me in".

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    Boom, I'm sorry to intrude upon your thread but since this does involve everyone, to some degree, may I use this post to pose a few questions in the hope of solving this $150 Mystery?

1- Does any fellow Board Member live in Mr Varcoe's area? Might someone be able to pay him an unexpected visit?

2- Have we conclusively found that he is still alive and not seriously ill or incapacitated in some way?

3- Is it possible that he has been a in a serious Motor Vehicle Accident or suffered some other type of Trauma? What sort of "Vibes" are you getting from the Mother or is it the Mother-In-Law?

4- His Signature Line, was this a portent into deep seeded personal problems?

5- Newspapers, Obituaries, Arrest Reports - anyone tried contacting the Sheriff's Dept or Coroner's Office?

6- Perhaps it WOULD be best if the Detectives in his area - even the local Postmaster, look into this.

7- Something is terribly amiss here and presently I'm fairly certain that fellow members here are more concerned for his welfare than a box of "Junk" that can easily be replaced if all were to chip in.

I had no part in this however, IF this is particularly troublesome to claychaser, I would certainly help make him, JB, whole and I'm sure most others would as well but the REAL issue at hand is What has happened to arlea1957? The gentleman cannot possibly be so destitute as to need to steal such a box.

8- Consider this. Perhaps something happened to the box and arlea1957 is just embarassed to come right out and say it.

9- This makes absolutely NO SENSE AT ALL. There are too many loose ends and unanswered questions.

Thanks Boom, again I apologize for taking up space here on your thread but there MUST be a logical explanation for this.
  • Options
    Boom,

I too am sorry to hijack, if only to respond to BigBubba.
    I think we are all concerned, to some degree, about Rob's fate.
    But here are some facts.......

In the 'Junk' thread, Rob (arlea1957) received the box on Jan 3rd.
    A month later (Feb. 16) dcamp78 was asking Rob if he still had the box. No reply.
    By Feb. 25th JB (claychaser) had already been trying to contact Rob, without success.

Looking at Rob's profile, his last visit was on March 17th, 2007 8:06 AM!
    Over 3 weeks after JB had posted that he was trying to reach Rob, and a month after dcamp78 was asking if Rob still had the box.
    And we don't know how many times Rob was online between Feb. 16th (dcamp78's first query) to March 17th (last time on the boards). Maybe someone does.
    But he never once responded to any inquiries.
    Maybe there is a medical problem, or some other explaination, but it doesn't look good.

I can say the JB has been very patient, has gone the extra mile in trying to find information about what could have possibly gone wrong.
    Word should be forthcoming soon.
  • Options
    Let's wait a little longer. Sign up is extended to Tuesday night 10:00PM PST.
  • Options

Boom
    Scooter25
    Aija
    Big Bubba
    Torino Cobra71
    Musky1011
    eyoung429
    claychaser
    docg

Something must really be wrong here as there are thousands of members to this site and this is ALL that care to swap? WHAT IS WRONG WITH EVERYBODY? Has the thing with the tag gotten everybody paranoid or something?

Looks like we have nine so we're going with what we have and BTW, I have NO problem swapping with anyone here at ANYTIME!

Since we are odd it looks like I will sit OUT YET ANOTHER SWAP. I can't even recall the last time I took part in a swap!

Scooter25 swaps with claychaser & vice versa
    Aija swaps with TorinoCobra71 & v/v
    BigBubba swaps with Musky1011 &v/v
    DocG swaps with eyoung429 & v/v

I'm going to say this ONE LAST TIME - NO PLACING UNFAIR/UNDUE/ UNREALISTIC DEMANDS ON YOUR PARTNER! I've numerous complaints of a particular individual that seems to think he can order what he will & will NOT accept .... or else. THIS WILL CEASE IMMEDIATELY! No one should be MADE to run out & BUY coins for another exclusively, or else. This will cease NOW!

Communicate, negotiate and EXECUTE.
    Post Delivery Confirmation Numbers or at least have the numbers handy so that shipment can be verified, tracked & confirmed.

If you trust your partner then DO NOT WAIT. Agree on a figure and on what basis it is arrived at and GO! tHE SKY IS THE LIMIT. IF 2 PEOPLE TRUST EACH OTHER TO GO $1000 IT'S FINE WITH ME BUT PROTECT YOURSELVES!

If would be prudent to INSURE your items in the event something happens to them. Are times so hard that you cannot afford insurance money yet gamble on losing "x" amount of coins? C'mon!

For an organized Swap Club to dwindle down to this is pathetic yet I am grateful for the ones we DO have. image

Just as in the tag, this is NOT about getting rid of stuff you no longer want, trying to pass it off on someone hoping to get nice things in return. THAT DOG WON'T HUNT!

I SUGGEST YOU PM ONE ANOTHER IMMEDIATELY. Learn how to be a GIVER and NOT a TAKER. If what you receive actually doesn't suit your particular wants, be gracious enough to accept it, if within reason and keep it for future swaps. Someone else may want or need it down the road.

There is enough crap going on within the state of Numismatics today. We sure don't need any more here amongst us. This is our Hobby and is supposed to be FUN, REMEMBER? I've had my say. I say what I mean and mean what I say. With that, I wish all a good swap. Elders, please show how things are to be done around here, OK? You know the Drill now, let's go for it.

• Options
    Remember that the "Focus on Classics" tag went very smoothly, and was a 15X the value of the "Problem and Junky Coin" tag that got stalled. Hopefully, arlea1957 will come though and ship today as promised.

• Options
    PM sent to ajia

TorinoCobra71

• Options
    Scooter and me have exchanged pm's.image

• Options
    PM left for Musky1011
  • Options
    PM sent to Big Bubbaimage

Jim

• Options
    I've responded to Musky1011's PM and terms. We have come to mutual agreement and I will post mailing particulars later Today.
  • Options
    eyoung429eyoung429 Posts: 6,374
    docg and I have been communicating!!
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options
    Me thinks TorinoCobra71 & I have agreed on a swap. image
  • Options

<< <i>Me thinks TorinoCobra71 & I have agreed on a swap. image >>

That we have Augie! Your package is in the mail Today 5/11

Hey BOOM here is the Confirmation # 0503-8555-7491-4603-0544

Have a great Mothers Day weekend all!

TorinoCobra71

• Options
    OK, been trying to print a Priority label before the P.O. closed & the 2 computer/printer combo's are giving me fits.
    1 I think is an Acrobat Reader (8) issue, the other a print driver issue.

To make a long story short, made the P.O. just in time & sent the package out Priority.
    Bought insurance, but forgot Del. Conf. image
    Here is the Ins. #VG 160 749 346 US

Thanks Gary once again, very smooth. image

BTW- Glad to see that claychasers tag is once again on track. image
  • Options
    PKG sent to BigBubba

priority,insured,signature confirmation
    #2304 3090 0000 1539 6519

Jim

• Options
    Bubba asked me to give you his info which I have via private email.

Seems he won't be coming back. That's all I know.imageimage
  • Options
    My Swap package arrived today.

Very Nice.

Thanks Gary.
  • Options
    I am in receipt of Musky1011's Package and will see to it that it is delivered, personally.
    I am certain whatever is sent will be appreciated.

Thanx Jim,

BOOM image
  • Options
    Trade worked out with Scooter - will ship tomorrow!

• Options
    Received BigBubba's package notice from " The Postman"

Will pick up on tuesday afternoon

Can't wait

Jim

• Options

<< <i>My Swap package arrived today.

Very Nice.

Thanks Gary. >>

Augie I got the Coins from the post office today! Thanks for the Frankies they are most awesome! I esp. love the toned Proof Frankie!

TorinoCobra71