Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Back to work :(

I am starting a new job tomorrow. I quit my old job on 2/13 and I finally got everything lined up with this new gig.

When I quit the old job I started a thread but for some reason it is no longer here, thepowersthatbe will likely remove this one too in the AM.

Anywhoo, I doubt I will have as much time on the boards in the near future and certainly not as late at night. My first day consists of the following; Driving to meet a senior sales rep and a client for lunch. Golf. Dinner and drinks with the client. Entertainment possibly image

I think I am going to like this gig. Work hard play hard.
EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions

Comments

• Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I'm still at work. (and it's now 12:24 in the morning...)

Edited to say: good luck with the new gig. You clearly took your time and took the right job for you. It's easy to jump at the first decent offer, but that's normally not the right move.
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Then you should be in bed by now! Good luck with the new job.

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Jordan - congrats! A new wife, a new job - sounds like a new chapter. Watch out for that 19th hole.image

Edited to add:

<< <i>My first day consists of the following; Driving to meet a senior sales rep and a client for lunch. Golf. Dinner and drinks with the client. Entertainment possibly >>

After staring vacuosly at my computer screen thinking about this scenerio, I'd like to hear how it shakes out. Go get 'em!
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

Yeah, I did take my time. I actually passed up a couple of things and one of which my wife thought I was nuts for not taking. But, she is happy now as this really can be a career long position. There are 7 reps there that have been there for 10+ years. Its a private company and they really seem to take good care of their people and let them earn good money.

The worst part is tomorrow will be the first time I'll have worn socks in over a month.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    Excellent.

Golf is a good game.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    Congrats on the new job.
    Anytime you can include golf as one of your job duties, you have hit the lottery.. image
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Anywhoo, I doubt I will have as much time on the boards in the near future and certainly not as late at night. My first day consists of the following; Driving to meet a senior sales rep and a client for lunch. Golf. Dinner and drinks with the client. Entertainment possibly image
    I think I am going to like this gig. Work hard play hard. >>

Doesn't sound like your job actually consists of any real work........CONGRATULATIONS!

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nicework Zef; best of luck.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Zef. I started my new gig yesterday too. Good luck!
    Travis
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    new employment tip:

let the client win @ golf image

Good Luck!
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Congrats and good luck, zef image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The worst part is tomorrow will be the first time I'll have worn socks in over a month. >>

At least they are not making you wear underwear. image

Best of luck on the new job!
    #LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Golf, dinner, drinks and entertainment!? Sounds like a good day. As I near 40 my taste in "entertainment" has changed a little but still fun to reflect on the old days. Have fun and good luck!
  • Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats zef! I wish you the best in the new gig. image
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Jordan

Wow - that sounds great.

I wish you all the best on your new position.

Being self employed, I have no one to blame but myself if the boss is cranky!

Please let us know how it goes.

I know you're up to the challenge!
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    LWMMLWMM Posts: 471
    Awesome job, congratulations! Hope you have lots of fun with it.
    Looking for Jonny Gomes cards, especially Triple Threads and printing plates. Will consider all cards, though. Got something? Contact me at c_u_l_1@yahoo.com
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    Good luck on the new job, strange they axed your last thread, didn't see anything wrong with it. Maybe it gave some PSA employees some ideals....image

Clear Skies,
    Mark

PS: I would also let the client win @ golf. Have a few drinks, eat at a nice resturant, lose a round of golf to the client, have a few more drinks (at an entertainment place), sign a deal or grease the wheels for a future deal. Sounds like my old old job selling advertisement.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    Golfin / work ? ? ?
    Man . . . someone stepped in it for sure !
    Entertainment ??
    What kind of a job do you have ??
    I got to get me one of those !