Home U.S. Coin Forum

Does it cost money for a U.S. Mint subscription?

I was billed $4.95 a few days after subscribing to a product. No product has shipped. I looked through the FAQs but didn't get a direct answer, or I missed it.

If that was a charge just for the "convenience" of a subscription, is it per every single item? Annually?

Comments

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shipping is typically $4.95. You don't get nicked for costs of subscriptions, only the cost of items.
    Interesting they would get you for the shipping only. Best check the box for weight when it arrives......

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • When I saw the amount I thought something shipped, because like you said that is typically the amount, and I thought maybe they would just catch up with the item cost next, as weird as that seems but no, but nothing shipped. I guess I'll just wait and see.
  • garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    I have never been charged for setting up a subscription; you should send a question about the charge to the mint to find out what is going on!
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a WAG, but maybe they are pre-charging the shipping to test the credit card.
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    Pften I see a small authorization show up when I use a credit card to order something. Then when it ships the real amount shows up.
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • INXSINXS Posts: 1,202

<< <i>Pften I see a small authorization show up when I use a credit card to order something. Then when it ships the real amount shows up. >>

Thats exactly what they are doing the pre auth is just to see if the card is good. It will not be charged to your credit card. More and more companies are doing this now, especially since e-commerce is so big now. One thing about subsriptions you will probably not get your coins any earler in fact mine usually come later than someone who orders online. My SAE's went from KY to CAL then to NJ, they were in transit 12 days.
    "Well here's another nice mess you have gotten me into" Oliver Hardy 1930

BST successful dealings with:MsMorrisine, goldman86

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file