Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Does BGS send any kind of notification of when they recieve your order or when your grades are done?

The registered mail package was dlvd. in TX on April 17 but I have heard nothing. I did 20 day service so did the 20 days start when USPS said the package was dlvd? Help. Thanks in advance

Comments

• EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    Normally they send confirmation when they receive it. Not necessarily on the same day it was received though. Your 20 day service will start usually on the day it was delivered....sometimes the next day when they actually log it in their database. Have you checked the order status? If it's not logged in there to show the date it was received and the date the dateline is due, I would email or call them. 972-448-9188. Leave a message, they'll call you back.
  • f2tornadof2tornado Posts: 180 ✭✭
    BGS will notify you the order was received usually within a day or two of getting it. The clock starts ticking the day after they get your package. I just had a 20 day sub pop on-time but it took nearly two weeks before the order was logged as "working". Interesting to note three cards in my 26 card sub were patch cards and two came back as "service unavailable" which I assume is BGS-speak for fake patch. I'm glad to see they are catching these things but not so glad my two cards are likely bogus. For those not familiar, there are a number a sellers on eBay who are taking the jersey or patch out of the card and replacing it with a much better looking if not "sick" looking patch which can command huge premiums. Modern card altering at its finest. Fake patch cards are probably as prevelent and problematic for the hobby as resealed wax packs.

temID Set Name Player Final Grade
    5017193 2005 Absolute Memorabilia Tools of the Trade Swatch Double Prime Red Torii Hunter B-J/100 Service Unavailable
    5017192 2003 Upper Deck Game Face Patch Torii Hunter 9.0
    5017191 2003 Upper Deck Classic Portraits Stitches Patch Torii Hunter Service Unavailable
    "One you start thinking you're the best then you might as well quit because you wont get any better" - Dale Earnhardt
  • they send a email and you can find your grades as soon as they ship all the way down to sub grades. I have a order due on may 8th.
  • AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    I called them this AM. I am a little worried now. I packaged everything properly and I printed the address label so there should be no screw ups. It said it was dlvd. and showed the right zip code. I sent Registered with $2,000 insurance so I am guessing someone signed for it. I wish they would tell me something. I am sure it would be a pain to try to file that claim with the post office. I guess today would be day 13 starting the day after they recieved. Hopefully they will do something.
    Thanks for that phone #. I called and they returned the call this evening. They send the confirmation once it leaves the vault and becomes working. I can sleep well tonight.
  • fandangofandango Posts: 2,622
    2 questions.....

1..why do you want cards in a shady BGS holder....

2. why not post this question on THEIR SITE
  • MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    "For those not familiar, there are a number a sellers on eBay who are taking the jersey or patch out of the card and replacing it with a much better looking if not "sick" looking patch which can command huge premiums. Modern card altering at its finest. Fake patch cards are probably as prevelent and problematic for the hobby as resealed wax packs."

This is a major problem in the hobby right now. About the only thing you can look for is raised edges in the swatch location. If it is an Upper Deck card you can conract UD and they can compare the card to scans they have on file.

The fakes usually have several colors, a letter, part of the team logo or the like. I have never heard of a single color fake, although anything is possible now days.

Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.

• << <i>2 questions.....

1..why do you want cards in a shady BGS holder....

2. why not post this question on THEIR SITE >>

People post psa questions on the BGS boards too.... I think this board is for helping collectors, I know I knew nothing basically about the psa submission format but thanks to the folks here I submitted 100 cards successfully.
  • SoutherncardsSoutherncards Posts: 1,384 ✭✭
    people still send cards to BGS?
    I don't post on the BGS boards because, well have you seen them? All 13 year old idiots.

Also for everyone questioning why I am using BGS

READ

I also tossed this card into the box.