Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

When did this grading company begin?......

AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
Auction states 50's or 60's. I thought Anacs was up first in the late 70's or early
80's. What say you?
bob

Link to ebay auction
Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com

Comments

• Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭
    thats a bunch of BS. They've been around a couple of years, 5 at most, not since the 50s.

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    did not know they had color inkjet printers in the 50's image
  • Options
  • Options
    TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anacs was the first.I've been seeing that company only about 2 years.They may not be more than 1 grade point off on that one which is better that most off-brand grading companies.Nice coin in a crappy holder IMO.
    Trade $'s
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The true entertainment factor with Ebay is reading the accurate and informative descriptions by some of these wacko sellers.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ha! Looks like a Coin World holder to me! I started to ask him about it but then thought the better of it. I don't want to get kicked off of eBay as I am gonna sell some stuff (no coins!) in the near future.

K
    ANA LM
  • Options
    RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,371 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Ha! Looks like a Coin World holder to me! I started to ask him about it but then thought the better of it. I don't want to get kicked off of eBay as I am gonna sell some stuff (no coins!) in the near future.

K >>

It is a Coin World holder! Only been around a couple of years. Therefore, seller's claim that CCGS has been around since the 1950's or 1960's is utter garbage.

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

• Options
    goldman86goldman86 Posts: 495 ✭✭✭
    Somebody's had too many

The Stealth Ninja
  • Options
    Looks like he changed the subtitle, but the original is still visible under "check other items" for now anyways.
    Witty sig line currently under construction. Thank you for your patience.
  • Options
    DJCoinzDJCoinz Posts: 3,856
    Just another guy slabbing his own coins. There seems to be millions of them and more everyday. I've been seeing these CCGS ones only for about 1 year.
    aka Dan
  • Options
    The title was changed. He must be reading this thread.

Here's a tip.

"Benchnotes" is not a word.
  • Options
    ha! auction was changed to remove the 50's and 60's comment... careful... we are being watched image
  • Options
    garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    <<Looks like he changed the subtitle, but the original is still visible under "check other items" for now anyways.>>

Looks like the seller may be reading these threads because his "other items" have been revised also!

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Auction states 50's or 60's. I thought Anacs was up first in the late 70's or early
    80's. What say you?
    bob

Link to ebay auction >>

Don't know what this guy said before he changed it, but we started grading coins at ANACS March 1, 1979.
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file