Options

New PCGS Magazine arrived today...

Another STUNNING cover!! image

...still no brown bag image

Rex

Comments

• Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭
    I wonder if I'll get one the econd time around. I was quite surprised to see I got the first one. I like the interview with Stewart Blay, that was right up my alley.

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    cucurbitcucurbit Posts: 182 ✭✭
    I never even received the first issue (and I'm a platinum member). Oh well.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First issue, I got 2.
    2nd issue, I got 1.

Sent copy of first and 2nd to a forum member. Quick reads, wasn't worth keeping to me, yet.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    Sent mine out for Slabbing at NGC - First Print Label
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll vote for a brown wrapper.

Got vol 2 today and it had another interesting collector profile. Dr. Steven L. Duckor.
    I also enjoyed reading about the "CoinFacts Rarity Scale".

Then again, I'm a newbie and it's all interesting to me. image
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>Mine was missing the Centerfold. >>

Hah! What do you want?!?

It doesn't get much sexier than that cover shot...

Rex
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

Centerfold was Russ.....still want it?

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    dthigpendthigpen Posts: 3,932 ✭✭
    I got two copies of the first one and one of this one. I've yet to bother reading either issue.
  • Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

"government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options
    garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    I got my issue #2 Saturday image
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    I got mine a couple days ago. The only thing that caught my eye was the article on the "King of the IKEs", the 1972 Type 2 coin.

Interesting with only a little bit of misinformation.

I'll keep it around just for that article.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a magazine.
    I enjoyed the read. Packed with knowledge in "short form".
    From BJ Searls (Dr Duckor's collecting) , Mike Sargent (on counterfeiting), John Danreuther (special strikes), Jaime Hernandez (1972 type II Ike )...all wrote nice articles..., to an interview with Julian Liedman that I found interesting.

I didn't get the centerfold of Russ (speaking of "short form") . I am thanking God as you read this that PCGS removed it prior to mailing it to Nebraska where we have obscenity laws forbidding such activity.
  • Options
    etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭
    I received both issues.

They are quick reads but very good reads. I'll give it a image.

-------------

etexmike
  • Options
    robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Sent mine out for Slabbing at NGC - First Print Label >>

Heh, I wonder if their comic book grading service might be interested in slabbing these, for giggles. image
  • Options
    DrPeteDrPete Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭
    So far I only received the first issue, but our mail tends to lag other locations by a day or two, so I'll keep an eye out, particularly for the article about Dr. Duckor. The article on Stewart Blay and other articles I enjoyed in the premier issue. Unless I am mistaken, the majority of the information in the volume can be accessed through the PCGS website, but the print copy is nice in situations where you may not have access, such as at a coin show. It is also as fast as you can flip pages to find information, often faster than some internet connections.

The pricing and population information in the publication is an important resourse that contains data with tremendous power. The knowledge base is equivalent to the life experience of the top 100 numismatists all compiled into one neat volume and available to the masses. Now that's power to the people!
    Dr. Pete
  • Options
    DrPeteDrPete Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭
    Still has not arrived. I really want to read the story about Steve Duckor.
    Dr. Pete

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file