Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I bought this card - It's sad that this Seller's scans had to come out like this:

Man o Man!

Talk about "sight unseen" bidding, I wonder if this seller is aware that the vast majority of his listings (which are some pretty cool cards, I might add!), have scans that are "chopped-up"!

I think this may have cost him (ebay id: iratherbedrivingmy1957chevy) potential losses, running into the thousands, from potential bidders, that pass because of the "chopped scans)...

Links to auctions (take a look at the scans!) too bad!

here, take a look at the beautiful card I won: image (1959 Topps #462 Colavito's Catch Saves Game PSA 9)

rd

edit: here is the reason I bought the card, basically "sight unseen" image ...hopefully, it may look close to this one, which his scan just so happens to show up well! (btw, this seller is offering this card with no bidders yet! $99!)

Comments

• Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭✭
    I guess buyers figure that's part of the point of slabbed cards; that you CAN buy them sight unseen. I mean, as long as the seller doesn't give them a card from some no-name grader or gives them one with a qualifier that was not mentioned, no problem.
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    You lost me rb because I see the picture just fine.

A little OC but otherwise a fine looking 9 image

Edited to add: The scans in his current and previous auctions all look a-okay on this end.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

I don't get it?

I just used someone elses computer, and all the scans are showing up just fine. Why are only this seller's scans not showing-up correctly on mine?

Who knows?

Sorry to bother everyone with this. In any event, some pretty tough material being presented, don't you think?

rd
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No problems here either. Some very nice cards too. Alot of low pop 9's. no I'm not the seller. I wish!! Actually, not, cause I couldn't sell them and would just keep them. no wonder I can never recoop any money in this hobby. I never can sell anything. image
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

<< <i>I don't get it?

I just used someone elses computer, and all the scans are showing up just fine. Why are only this seller's scans not showing-up correctly on mine?

Who knows?

Sorry to bother everyone with this. In any event, some pretty tough material being presented, don't you think?

rd >>

dial up -loading ??
    imageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I don't get it?

Who knows?

rd >>

dial up -loading ?? >>

No, usually pretty fast bellsouth dsl. Maybe I'll just switch to cable? image

rd
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    the first scan you posted only shows about 1/4th of the card for me..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>the first scan you posted only shows about 1/4th of the card for me.. >>

me too??
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>the first scan you posted only shows about 1/4th of the card for me.. >>

me too?? >>

How'd that trimmed card get into a holder?
  • Options
    I had problems every once and a while like that when I was on NetZero. Would get partial pics and partial auction listins.
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    After not paying as much attention as I should, and getting a few PSA 9's that are off center...and one off center PSA 10 (out of ~600 or so), I have to see a scan now.

Kinda defeats the purpose in getting a high grade card if it is off center.

Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    iratherbedrivingmy1957chevy is a top notch seller who I have purchased from many times in the past. If I ever had a problem with a scan he would email me one if I asked him. Sometimes the picture hosting site does that to sellers pics. One day they will be good than an hour later either 1/2 a pic or a red x......
  • Options

<< <i>iratherbedrivingmy1957chevy is a top notch seller who I have purchased from many times in the past. If I ever had a problem with a scan he would email me one if I asked him. Sometimes the picture hosting site does that to sellers pics. One day they will be good than an hour later either 1/2 a pic or a red x...... >>

I agree!

Does anyone else see only a "1/4 of an Aaron scan" here?

I do! image

Weird stuff?

rd

Aaron auction!

• Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>iratherbedrivingmy1957chevy is a top notch seller who I have purchased from many times in the past. If I ever had a problem with a scan he would email me one if I asked him. Sometimes the picture hosting site does that to sellers pics. One day they will be good than an hour later either 1/2 a pic or a red x...... >>

I agree!

Does anyone else see only a "1/4 of an Aaron scan" here?

I do! image

Weird stuff?

rd

Aaron auction! >>

no on that one i see the whole thing.. but your first scan still only shows 1/4..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Strange... Works fine for me

Try kicking your computer. That may do the trick image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He has some phenominal cards. I got some 8s from him and they are very nice. I've never come across him until recently. Is he just now getting into selling high grade vintage?