Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anybody going to TORONTO EXPO this weekend?

Supposed to be nice weather up here--hope it doesn't hurt the show's attendance. I know a couple of board members are dealers at this show, so I hope they have a successful weekend.

Impressive list of signers for those who are so inclined: Bourque, Fuhr, Coffey & a dozen Broad Street Bullies. Even a couple of baseball guests: Bob Lemon, Fergie Jenkins & Vida Blue.

Eyebone
"I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough

Comments

• Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Just Dave and I this year?

Edit to add: For those of you within a day's drive of this show who don't ordinarily go to shows because you've become accustomed to the fact that they all suck let me say that this show is the notable exception to that rule. I went to the Sun Times show this last March, and I'll probably never go back. But I never miss this one. The National notwithstanding (as I've never been to one, although that will change this year) the Toronto show is, I think, probably one of the best shows in North America. LOTS of good stuff up there, and the prices tend to be reasonable.
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    Would love to make the trip (mostly to give mask maker Don Scott sh!t) but I'm too busy. image
  • Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Would love to make the trip (mostly to give mask maker Don Scott sh!t) but I'm too busy. image >>

What is up with Don Scott, Knuckles?

See you there Boo. Will PM you to make arrangements.

Eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    For my birthday back in November my wife got masks of Gerry Cheevers and Ken Dryden for me from Don. She also ordered and paid for the wall plaques to mount them on. She also ordered plaques for my Sawchuk and Plante masks. e-mails are ignored and Don is never there when we phone about the four missing plaques. At least the masks are in my hands.. We've been more than patient and friendly with this. I would really like to order masks of a few others but I don't know about that now.. image
  • Options
    Knuckles:

That is surprising and too bad for you. Hope things work out in the long run.

Eyebone
  • Options
    Cool beans, after another failed phone call attempt yesterday he replied to an old e-mail of mine that I sent to him. Plaques are on the way and he is very sorry. image
  • Options
    Writer11Writer11 Posts: 738
    Is it Bob Feller, not Bob Lemon?

I thought Lemon was dead.
  • Options

<< <i>Cool beans, after another failed phone call attempt yesterday he replied to an old e-mail of mine that I sent to him. Plaques are on the way and he is very sorry. image >>

Good thing for him, eh Knuckles....I was contemplating giving him a little "knuckle" action on your behalf when I see him Friday.

Oh, just kidding, BTW. image

Hope you make the trek to Toronto sometime in the not too distant future Garrett.

Eyebone
  • Options

<< <i>Is it Bob Feller, not Bob Lemon?

I thought Lemon was dead. >>

My mistake writer....thanks for spotting that. It is Bob Feller.

Eyebone
  • Options
    tedh111tedh111 Posts: 258
    Boospotts.. Just wondering, why do you say the expo is better then suntimes? I struggled to spend money at the expo, but i regularly spend 5000 or so in chicago...
    www.sportsnutcards.com
    Specializing in Certified Autograph Cards, Rookies, Rare Inserts and other quality modern cards! Over 8000 Cards in stock now! Come visit our physical store located at 1210 Main St. Belmar ,NJ
  • Options

<< <i>Boospotts.. Just wondering, why do you say the expo is better then suntimes? I struggled to spend money at the expo, but i regularly spend 5000 or so in chicago... >>

LOL.
  • Options
    tedh111tedh111 Posts: 258
    Maybe you and i have been to different shows then, because the chicago shows are far superior to most other shows except for the national and ft washington/Reading.
    www.sportsnutcards.com
    Specializing in Certified Autograph Cards, Rookies, Rare Inserts and other quality modern cards! Over 8000 Cards in stock now! Come visit our physical store located at 1210 Main St. Belmar ,NJ
  • Options

<< <i>Maybe you and i have been to different shows then, because the chicago shows are far superior to most other shows except for the national and ft washington/Reading. >>

I'll be checking out the National this year. Hopefully it lives up to it's billing.
  • Options
    do you have a link to the show info? are there a lot of dealers from the states or just canada? how deep are the graded collections that the dealers have at this show?
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Crap... since PSA is at this show, does that mean our grades will be pushed back until they get back? That SUCKS!! So much for a 5-Day guarantee...
  • Options

<< <i>Crap... since PSA is at this show, does that mean our grades will be pushed back until they get back? That SUCKS!! So much for a 5-Day guarantee... >>

Why, do you have buyers lined up for $1000 cards?>
  • Options

<< <i>Boospotts.. Just wondering, why do you say the expo is better then suntimes? I struggled to spend money at the expo, but i regularly spend 5000 or so in chicago... >>

I have to agree with tedh111. I couldn't find anything at the expo but always seem to purchase a lot at the Sun Times show.
  • Options
    ORANGE
  • Options
    Never got my cards on spot graded before. What do you expect in this situation? Long lines? Cheap prices? Do you get to argue about the grades?
    ORANGE
  • Options
    Missed the Toronto show this past weekend. How was it. Any attendees in the house?
    Do You Collect image Baseball 1937,1965-94,2008-09?
    Or Regional Canadian Baseball Issues?
    Come be a contributor to the OPC Baseball Wiki. It's free and easy!
    OPeeChee.Wikispaces.Com