Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I Think my Grader was on Drugs

I just got back my submission from the Spring Training $5 special. I think my grader was doing drugs that day. He/she rejected 10 cards for "MINSIZERQ" and another two for "EVID TRIM". I measured the "MINSIZERQ" cards against slabbed cards and there's no size differential. As I mentioned in the poll thread I started earlier in the week, one of the "EVID TRIM" cards was a '74 Marichal that I pulled from a stack of vending cards and previously sent for grading. That time, it recieved a "MINSIZERQ". Since the card wasn't significantly short, I resubmitted it. So now it's 'trimmed'. This doesn't give me a lot of confidence that the graders know the difference between short cards, normal size cards, factory cut and trimmed cards. They must be throwing darts. By the way, who trims a 1975 MVP card? According to the graders, it must be the original owner of multiple 1975 vending sets which I purchased and which produced this card.

Comments

• Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    sorry to hear that. i don't know the semantics of the 2, but that's a very tough situation!

i hope this wasn't you last post.

julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    I thought we established long ago, that you cant take those personally.

Even pack fresh modern cards get rejected for that, although it is frustrating to say the least.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    I just received my new member sub back this morning. This is the Mantle I received back as "miscut"

Well, that didn't work. I'll try again when I get a moment.
  • Options

<< <i>I just got back my submission from the Spring Training $5 special. I think my grader was doing drugs that day. He/she rejected 10 cards for "MINSIZERQ" and another two for "EVID TRIM". I measured the "MINSIZERQ" cards against slabbed cards and there's no size differential. As I mentioned in the poll thread I started earlier in the week, one of the "EVID TRIM" cards was a '74 Marichal that I pulled from a stack of vending cards and previously sent for grading. That time, it recieved a "MINSIZERQ". Since the card wasn't significantly short, I resubmitted it. So now it's 'trimmed'. This doesn't give me a lot of confidence that the graders know the difference between short cards, normal size cards, factory cut and trimmed cards. They must be throwing darts. By the way, who trims a 1975 MVP card? According to the graders, it must be the original owner of multiple 1975 vending sets which I purchased and which produced this card. >>

Unfortunately, this happens all the time.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gemint

Wow - sorry to hear this. I know that's a major disappointment - especially when ya not expecting it.

On the evid of trim - I wonder if they go that way since they get to still charge for the evaluation. If they say the card in undersized, they give ya a vouchure right?

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    I agree with Gemint on this one. I've had the same problem with a few sets where the cards are just slightly short. PSA uses those baggy inserts for cards that are typically slightly larger and slabs them (2000 SP Authentic football is notorious for this). So if PSA can slab a legit slightly larger card, why not slab a legit slightly smaller card?
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion