Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

packing guidelines

So I am getting an order to send to PSA and I am a stickler for sticking to their packing guidelines. One thing I have a problem finding though, is the brown packing tape. I have looked on eBay, hardware stores, and everywhere else that I can think of. Do any of you know where to get any? any help would be appreciated. thanks

seth

Comments

• Options
    ---------------------------------------------

"The Villain"

Shiba Rescue Organization
    A Shiba Inu is a terrible thing to waste! image
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    Try the local office supply store. The big guys are also online.

Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    colebearcolebear Posts: 886 ✭✭
    thanks guys, i forgot about u line and office supply storesimage

I knew I was missing something obvious!!!
  • Options
    I bought some at Staples. Be careful not to get the kind that has a slick finish. Post office can't use if for registered mail. I know from experience.
  • Options
    earlycalguyearlycalguy Posts: 1,247 ✭✭
    are you getting the tape to seal a package for registered mail? if so the post office should have this at no charge. the ones I go to offer it for free when using registered mail
  • Options

<< <i>are you getting the tape to seal a package for registered mail? if so the post office should have this at no charge. the ones I go to offer it for free when using registered mail >>

The clerk re-packaged one of mine at no cost.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>are you getting the tape to seal a package for registered mail? if so the post office should have this at no charge. the ones I go to offer it for free when using registered mail >>

The clerk re-packaged one of mine at no cost. >>

Me three image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Office Max didn't have it, but Staples did (that was easy). Make sure it's the tape you have to make wet in order to activate the adhesive.

I follow all of those packing guidelines except the registered mail thing. I ship it USPS Express Mail, and I've never had a problem.