Home Sports Talk

Eagles ..and other teams...Draft discussion

Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
Really like the Tony Hunt pick...that can give us a POWER running game. I played against my buckeyes and always lit us up...even though we were considered good against the run. I dont understand hawaii RB selection however....whatever. We really needed either a sweet LB or Safety and we didnt get either.....overall i give them a C-....F without Tony Hunt.

Loth

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the Browns made out best IMO
  • SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭
    The Eagles did get a safety in the 5th round, CJ Gaddis from Clemson.

They should have used their first pick for the defensive backfield.

That is, the 1st round pick that they traded to Dallas.

BTW - word is that the Eagles rated Kolb above Quinn. I have my doubts there.

I like the Hunt pick, but wish they had been able to get Leonard from Rutgers.
  • Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    I agree...eagles need a good FB and Leonard was the guy I thought we needed to get...didnt happen.
  • ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    I'm left scratching my head on the Eagle picks for this year. But, if it weren't for Beck being available at QB for my Fins, we would've been REALLY under more scrutiny than we are now for passing on Quinn.

If we basically have Trent Green in the fold, I can see trading Culpepper and picking up some O-line help and/or extra secondary. Then, have Beck study under Trent Green for a year before taking over the reigns.

All in all, not a terrible draft for the Fins, but I would've wanted some better help along the O-line.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭
    Beck is a solid QB.

I'm hoping the Rams invite the Boise State QB, Zabransky, Jared, to camp to back up Bulger. That guy has some serious moxy.

Other than that hope the Rams pretty much went with line help pn both sides of the ball. Kind of a ho-hum weekend for Rams fans. They did bring in Drew Bennet and Dante Hall. I'm sure Bruce does not have too many more seasons in him but in a weak draft class if the linemen pan out they did ok.
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    At first glance I don't think anyone did well in the NFC East except Dallas. I am partial to Purdue since two of daughters went there, but having missed only a handful of ND games in the past 20 years I have seen a lot of talent come in there and play and Anthony Spencer is a player. He looked like the best player on the field and Joe Thomas says he was the toughest opponent he has ever played against.