Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

TriStar Hidden Treasure box baseball cards

I went to Sports authority today and bought a hidden Treasures box of baseball cards with a gift card that I have.It was $23 for 20 packs. Even though I did not get any packs from the 60s or 70s, it was a lot of fun for someone who doesn't normally buy many cards from before the 2000s. The packs inside included:
91 Fleer
84 topps
1989 Mlb issued cello pack?
1989 topps big baseball cards
90 fleer
90 donruss
88 topps
90 upper deck
86 topps
89 topps cello pack
90 score
93 leaf
96 pinnacle denny's hologram pack (1card)
2002 victory
1985 topps major league leaders mini cards
5 packs of random cards.

There was nothing amazing in these but the best were 1984 topps Ozzie Smith NL all star #389, 1990 Fleer Mark Mcgwire #15,1990 Fleer Tom Glavine #583,1984 topps Garry Templeton, 2 1990 donruss diamond kings john smoltz, 1989 topps Pete Rose manager, 1986 topps major league leader minis of nolan Ryan, Orel Hershiser and Dale Murphy, 1988 topps Dale Murphy,1989 topps jumbo cards Mark Mcgwire (these cards don't fit in penny sleeves), 1990 upper Deck Sandy Alomar Jr rookie, 1986 topps NL all star Keith Hernandez, 1986 topps Graig Nettles, 1986 topps turn back the clock Fernando Valenzuela, 1984 topps Tom Seaver, 1984 topps AL active career rbi leaders (reggie jackson, ted simmons, graig nettles), 1984 topps NL active career hit leaders ( pete rose, tony perez, rusty staub), 1990 score Tony Gwynn, 2002 victory Austin Kearns rookie, 1990 score all star game Bo Jackson.

sorry for the length I just wanted to share the story with everyone. If anyone needs any cards for sets from the above packs then let me know. I think that these boxes are really worth the price, since there is that one tiny shot that you can pull some unopened packs from the 50's and 60's plus they're fun!

Thanks, mike.

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you had fun ripping all those packs!
  • Options
    Anyone ever tried these?
  • Options
    Tedw9Tedw9 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭
    My Dad bought a box today at Wal Mart. Not sure what he got, I haven't spoken to him yet.
    Looking for Carl Willey items.
  • Options
    Goot,

I was in Sport Authority and picked up a few packs of Beckett 'grab bags' (a graded BCCG card in a Beckett wrapper) for $9.95 per pack. Ouch! What a waste of $40. I wish our Sports Authority had those boxes yours had. I'll check again tomorrow.

Danny
    Collecting Dallas Cowboys Rookies and Team Sets 1960-1989
  • Options

<< <i>Goot,

I was in Sport Authority and picked up a few packs of Beckett 'grab bags' (a graded BCCG card in a Beckett wrapper) for $9.95 per pack. Ouch! What a waste of $40. I wish our Sports Authority had those boxes yours had. I'll check again tomorrow.

Danny >>

What did you get?
  • Options
    I haven't opened any, but I picked up a couple and put them on ebay to see what would happen. One of the guys that won the auction emailed me and told me that out of the misc. pack he pulled a 1969 Willie Mays in nrmt cond. he was pretty excited. I might just have to open one for the heck of it.
  • Options
    Yeah it seems like they're pretty hit or miss (a lot of commons and then bam a few superstars in the next pack) but 20 packs for 23 bucks isn't bad at all and I have fun opening about anything. I've also realized that I may just like cards from the 80s and earlier (I don't have any earlier) more than cards from today. None of the stupid inserts. I think I'll finish off the gift cards I have and go buy 1 or 2 more boxes sometime this week. image
  • Options
    My mom surprised me with another box today after school. She didn't use a gift card either image. Nothing amazing again but a lot of fun. Some of the big names-
    90 Fleer Sandy Alomar Jr. RC
    90 Fleer Tony Gwynn
    90 Fleer Gary Sheffield
    90 Fleer Andre Dawson
    90 Fleer League Best Shortstops Tony Fernandez and Cal Ripken JR.
    90 Fleer Paul Molitor
    90 Fleer Players of the Decade Will clark
    89 Topps Tim Raines
    89 Topps AL all star Don Mattingly
    89 Topps Mark Mcgwire
    89 Topps NL all star Ozzie SMith
    89 topps Dennis Eckersley
    84 Topps Al Oliver
    91 Bowman Royce Clayton RC
    88 Topps Superstars Tim Raines (mini)
    88 Topps Superstars Roger Clemens (mini)
    88 topps superstars Darryl Strawberry (mini)
    88 topps Superstars Barry Bonds (mini)
    84 Topps NL all star Steve Rogers
    87 topps Kirk Gibson
    87 topps Tim Raines
    87 Topps Ozzie Guillen
    87 Topps Carlton Fisk
    87 topps Don Sutton
    I have tons of cards from these packs. Let me know if anyone wants me to look for anything or trade for these. I'll probably get 1 more box with that remaining gift card, but not untill the weekend.