Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

RIP: The Patriots...MOSS added to roster!!

What were they thinking? Randy Moss was added to the Patriots for a 4th round draft pick..

Talk about a fall from grace...

The Pats really didn't need this head case..

Just my 2 cents

Comments

• Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    I like it actually. Consider these points.

1. Pats are already loaded for receivers this year. Moss is just icing on the cake.
    2. Weak draft this year so the 4th pick was a minimal lost.
    3. Moss agreed to restructure his salary in order to sign on with the Pats

Bottomline. The Pats don't really need him. They're not losing much for him. And he's coming in at a bargain (relatively speaking).

If Moss so much as sneeze in the wrong direction, Belichik will give him his walking papers without batting an eye. This is a relative low risk deal for them. The Pats are loaded this year.
  • scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
    Totally agree with Brian - this is HUGE! Moss will be eager to play for a winner and will have a hugely positive attitude to be with a QB like Brady. Team management checked with the senior players to see if this move would be OK with them, and received a unanimous yes vote. But based on the way the contract is structured, this is a no-lose, since if he reverts back to his old ways, he'll be out the door.

Between this move, Adalius Thomas, Donte' Stallworth and all the other great off-season moves, the league may as well send the Lombardi Trophy to Foxboro now! This team seriously may not lose next season!
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    ....Belichik will give him his walking papers without batting an eye....

imo, i think belichik will put up with him if he puts up the numbers regardless of attitude.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06

• << <i>Between this move, Adalius Thomas, Donte' Stallworth and all the other great off-season moves, the league may as well send the Lombardi Trophy to Foxboro now! This team seriously may not lose next season! >>

image GREAT move by the pats once again!!
  • CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    When you have a team with good chemistry, the Moss types will either blend in with the team's goals or get pushed out. The Ravens defense works the same way- either you're part of the team or you don't play. The attitude on the Raiders just perpetuated his crappy attitude. He's going to have to give it his all every day with the Pats or he'll get run off the team by Brady, Bruschi and company.

Lee
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Pats are going to be tough to beat this year...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • As an Indianapolis Colts fan for over 20 years, I still haven't been able to enjoy this year's Super Bowl Championship. I keep looking over my shoulder, expecting to see New England someplace.

The addition of Stallworth and Moss for the Patriots is a huge improvement over Reche Caldwell and Jabbar Gafney.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image For a 4th rounder? You are kidding right?
  • ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    Oh yeah? Well, we got Ted Ginn! image

I hope Ginn pans out and Beck becomes a solid QB. I think they can do well, but I'm a little nervous passing up on Quinn. We must have T.Green in sight or something.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Moss hasnt quite had the attitude lately he used to have, and he posted a 4.29 40 yard. Thats still pretty fast

Great add, if anyone could handle Moss, its Billy B.

Now then, who can handle T.O.?

joe

<< <i>Moss hasnt quite had the attitude lately he used to have, and he posted a 4.29 40 yard. Thats still pretty fast

Great add, if anyone could handle Moss, its Billy B.

Now then, who can handle T.O.?

joe >>

The difference between Moss and T.O is that T.O NEEDS to be involved in some controversy and in the headlines under all curcumstances. Moss just has a poor attitude for the most part.
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    definitely an improvement for the pats. they will make it tough on indy...go colts

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • I come from the school of 'I don't care what you can do on the field' it's how you conduct yourself off of it.

both Moss and TO would NEVER play for a team that I ran. Any noise is bad news...

With all the forward momemtum that the Pats have gained this off season...why take the risk of this headcase.

Sorry, but you can't change the spots on a leopard. It's only a matter of time before something stupid happens that affects the whole team.

Personally, I just wouldn't chance it.
  • drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    it's a great move in my opinion, and if Moss somehow finds a way to b*tch and moan about winning in New England, then they only lost a 4th round pick and can cut their losses(meaning Moss) without being detrimental to their receiving corps. The Patriots have the model organization in the NFL and what they do in terms of personnel and draft decisions.

<< <i>I come from the school of 'I don't care what you can do on the field' it's how you conduct yourself off of it. >>

That is called "Old School". I respect that 100%, BUT in todays wild world of sports it is all about bottom line performance. Unfortunate but true for the most part.
  • jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    what most people forget is that for the first 5 or 6 years of his career, when he was putting up MONSTER numbers and had Cris Carter keeping him in line, Moss was a model teammate, and you didn't hear one word from him...he is going to put up monster numbers with Brady as a QB, and there are PLENTY of veterans to keep him in check.

this trade was a no-brainer for the Pats....I can't think of a more overwhelming pre-season favorite in the last 20 years than this year's Pats...it's almost unfair.
  • I honestly think Moss has learned his lesson. I think he will behave in NE

Then again, I thought TO had leaned his lesson and Jimmy J could handle his attitude. Jimmy J, afte all has a hstory of dealing with bad players. Look what happened there, when you beat yourself against the rock, the rock they call TO, somethings gotta give. I was surprised to see Jimmy J retire, I guess we know who was stronger.

joe
  • gemintgemint Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's also a great move for them. They're the only team Moss can excel with, mainly because Moss pretty much decided that's the only team he really wanted to play for. I don't think you can hand NE the trophy yet though. Their defense is suspect and their oline may be vulnerable as well. Then there's always a chance Brady or Moss can get hurt.
  • jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    defense is suspect? please tell me you are kidding. If you are not from New England, you may not realize how dominant their D-line is - Warren and Wilfork should be perennial Pro Bowlers like Seymour....Colvin is back to where he was before the hip injury (people forget how nasty he was his last year with the Bears), Adelius Thomas is Pro Bowler....Vrabel is solid...Bruschi has slipped a lot, but is still serviceable - I'll put that front 7 up against anyone....and in the secondary, Samuel is a top 5 cornerback and Harrison still wreaks havoc...

I don't see any weakness there, other than depth, and no team has great depth these days.
  • estangestang Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭
    Great move! Upside is fantastic. Downside is a lost 4th round pick and Moss on the street --- I don't see that happening.

Enjoy your collection!
    Erik

<< <i>defense is suspect? please tell me you are kidding. If you are not from New England, you may not realize how dominant their D-line is - Warren and Wilfork should be perennial Pro Bowlers like Seymour....Colvin is back to where he was before the hip injury (people forget how nasty he was his last year with the Bears), Adelius Thomas is Pro Bowler....Vrabel is solid...Bruschi has slipped a lot, but is still serviceable - I'll put that front 7 up against anyone....and in the secondary, Samuel is a top 5 cornerback and Harrison still wreaks havoc...

I don't see any weakness there, other than depth, and no team has great depth these days. >>

Yea you beat me too it, thanks for addressing that.