Home Sports Talk
Options

Pats Get Moss

Jesus, Belicheck must surely have a deal will Beelzebub, or maybe just Jerry Jones.

Brady's gonna get even more high class trim now. Lock up your daughters gentlemen, maybe the wives too.

I'm gonna go yack now. image

For a 4th Round Pick No Less

Comments

• Options
    ARRRRRRRRRRR NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! It must be a bad dream! Somebody wake me up! Please!

Bob Kraft drank too danm much today. Please keep all sharp object away from me today.

OK I feel better now!
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,749 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Musta been looking at highlight films from four or five years ago.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

Now that's a shocker.

What's the over/under for his arse chewing after giving up on a route?
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭
    As if "Screw Jowwwwny Dayyyymin, Big Pahhhhhhpi goes yahhhhhhd!!!" isn't enough.

Now we get to hear more of "Towwwwm Brayyyyydy is Gahhhhhhhd!!!!!"

• Options
    As a lifelong Raiders fan i am extremely happy to have Randy Moss leaving Oakland, i would have traded him for a pack of chewing gum but at least they got a pick in return. Hopefully being surrounded by the class people in the New England organization will finally rub off on Randy a little bit. But as far as Oaktown is concerned there is joy to be rid of this team cancer. PB
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭

<< <i>As a lifelong Raiders fan i am extremely happy to have Randy Moss leaving Oakland, i would have traded him for a pack of chewing gum but at least they got a pick in return. Hopefully being surrounded by the class people in the New England organization will finally rub off on Randy a little bit. But as far as Oaktown is concerned there is joy to be rid of this team cancer. PB >>

Yet the cancer isn't removed, it's been replaced with Mike Williams...
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moss ran a 4.29 40 last week for Pats and Packers scouts.

Who do you double - Moss, Stallworth, Ben Watson? Who's open underneath - Welker, Faulk/Maroney?......................Love it.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    Wow.
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options

<< <i>Moss ran a 4.29 40 last week for Pats and Packers scouts.

Who do you double - Moss, Stallworth, Ben Watson? Who's open underneath - Welker, Faulk/Maroney?......................Love it. >>

Any given Sunday?

Yeah right.

This is just wrong on so many levels.

The Eagles just signed that machine gun legged chick from Grindhouse to play safety. image
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Moss ran a 4.29 40 last week for Pats and Packers scouts.

Who do you double - Moss, Stallworth, Ben Watson? Who's open underneath - Welker, Faulk/Maroney?......................Love it. >>

Yea, Im exited about this BIG TIME. Belichek is a huge fan of Randy Moss and I think with a great supporting cast Randy might actually be exited himself, and put up some decent numbers. And if he doesn't pan out? Dump him like a bag of rocks. We lose a 4th round draft pick....big deal.

Brady to Moss......................................................................................................................................................................TD!!!
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    This is a no-lose situation for the Pats - and, they also picked up Stallworth as well. Just what Brady needs, more weapons on offense! Moss is supremely talented, we know this - and Belichick will put up with zero crap from him.

I can see why fans of other teams that haven't won Super Bowls in a long time would envy this move.
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭

<< <i>This is a no-lose situation for the Pats - and, they also picked up Stallworth as well. Just what Brady needs, more weapons on offense! Moss is supremely talented, we know this - and Belichick will put up with zero crap from him.

I can see why fans of other teams that haven't won Super Bowls in a long time would envy this move. >>

No envy here... I think the move is as bad as signing TO. He's just a real distraction and he isn't even playing to the same level as TO is anymore. Granted, a 4th isn't much to lose but his attitude could be more costly to some of the players if the Pats struggle at all. He gets others agitated around him, thus the use of the word "cancer" when describing him. Guys who normally are considered good team players have been affected by his antics on both Minnesota and Oakland. But just like TO, everybody thinks they can be oblivious to it and they can turn him around. But like cancer, it can only be removed to begin the healing.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I trust the Patriots leadership when they make big decisions like this. If they believe it will work, I believe it too.
  • Options
    I think it will work and the league should immediately allow some rule changes.

Opposing team defenses should be allowed to outfit one player with their choice of medieval warfare instrument.

A mace perhaps, maybe a poleaxe.

Maybe Belichik should have to spend every game tied to his girlfriends ex-husband. That would level the playing field.
  • Options
    I dont think for a second that the Patriots personell or coaching staff for that matter are capable of being brought down by anyone let alone a brand new guy in the locker room, they will embrace him and Moss will have to decide if he wants to be part of the family or not. The difference between Moss and T.O is T.O HAS to be in the spotlight making waves regardless of his situation, Moss just has a bad attitude which will either be adjusted or he is out the door.
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    To be honest with you, I'm beginning to think that Belichick just makes these moves now to further embelish/enlarge his Bonds-like noggin. Let's see, people will really think I'm great if I can turn around Dillon (which he did), Kelley Washington, Stallworth, and now, Moss. We'll see how it works out. These guys don't fit in the same character class as Troy Brown, Rodney Harrison, etc...
  • Options
    Winning Super Bowls and being on a Winner tends to curb alot of attitudes.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yea, Im exited about this BIG TIME. Belichek is a huge fan of Randy Moss and I think with a great supporting cast Randy might actually be exited himself, and put up some decent numbers. And if he doesn't pan out? Dump him like a bag of rocks. We lose a 4th round draft pick....big deal.

Brady to Moss......................................................................................................................................................................TD!!! >>

Agreed, not a bad gamble to take. I am still surprised they Pats did this, though. Maybe they figure even if one of Moss or Stallworth pans out, they come out ahead.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Don't forget that Moss wanted to be traded to the Pats, and he knows what he is getting into in New England. This may be his last chance to play for a Super Bowl contender, and I doubt he is going to screw that up.
  • Options

<< <i>Musta been looking at highlight films from four or five years ago. >>

He will have a qb that can actually toss him the ball, THANK GOD, NO MORE ANDREW WALTER NO MORE TUI.
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Moss plays poorly against cover 2. Watched him play twice a year against the Bears who have average corners and he never gave them much trouble. He is not a route runner and never has been. Good pick up but if teams play him smart, he's just a long threat. Having said that I think he could be a good addition to the Pats.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    not good for us JETS fans!!!!

looking at the wild card chance again
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    What, we are trading for Randy Moss? That guy has an attitude problem.

Sincerely, Corey Dillon.
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    What's the risk here? A fourth round pick, and they're paying him a base of what, 3 million dollars, with incentive clauses? Chump change for a team who just backed up the Brinks truck and bought a ton of free agents. He won't catch 80 balls, but he'll be in the 60 range, he'll be motivated playing around a great group of veterans, and will be motivated because he knows his team has a fantastic shot at winning the super bowl.

I seem him doing 60+ catches for 1000 yards and 10 TDs.

Meanwhile the Raiders will be vying for another #1 overall pick.