Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Can someone give me the last few sales on eBay for an 84 Donruss Mattingly PSA 9

I am not sure how to do this search.

Thanks for any info

Comments

• Volv

I sold mine out of my store (store now on vacation for the summer) for $75 within the last few months. These were centered examples.

Dave
  • calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    Go to Ebay, navigate to sprortscards. Type in 84 Donruss Mattingly Psa9 in the header, press search, which will give the cards that are currently listed. In the yellow column on the left , click on the completed listings, then press the big button on the bottom that says search or go. You will be THERE.
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Here you go:

Latest Auction Prices for: PSA 9

Date Auction Auction Link Price Extra
    4/28/07 eBay View Auction $23.05

4/21/07 eBay View Auction $52.95

4/18/07 eBay View Auction $50.23

4/15/07 eBay View Auction $37.50

4/14/07 eBay View Auction $44.01

4/2/07 eBay View Auction $51.00

3/30/07 eBay View Auction $96.00

3/27/07 eBay View Auction $58.00

3/22/07 eBay View Auction $52.00

3/20/07 eBay View Auction $52.95

3/19/07 eBay View Auction $47.00

3/18/07 eBay View Auction $60.00

3/14/07 eBay View Auction $62.99

3/11/07 eBay View Auction $65.99

3/9/07 eBay View Auction $57.00

3/6/07 eBay View Auction $89.88

2/10/07 eBay View Auction $51.01

2/8/07 eBay View Auction $66.00

2/5/07 eBay View Auction $51.11

2/4/07 eBay View Auction $60.99

2/4/07 eBay View Auction $58.00

1/28/07 eBay View Auction $57.00

1/25/07 eBay View Auction $78.00

1/21/07 eBay View Auction $76.20

1/21/07 eBay View Auction $63.01

View my inventory of PSA Graded Cards at My Ebay Store
  • zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    pm sent

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    This card is a lot cheaper now than it was 3 years ago.

I think its just a function that more and more are getting graded.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭

<< <i>This card is a lot cheaper now than it was 3 years ago.

I think its just a function that more and more are getting graded. >>

Don't worry, there's probably only a few more thousand on the conservative side to be graded 9 or 10
  • 84D wax is FUN!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • kingbeeswaxkingbeeswax Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭

<< <i>84D wax is FUN! >>

It is but I opened a whole box recently and maybe 10 more packs and did not get a Mattingly. I do have a few PSA 8 and 9's but would love to get a 10!
    It is still a nice card to have, but prices have softened from 2007.

Here is a card that looks PSA 10Don Mattingly Rookie

It sold for just a pittance $40.

Can it go lower??? Will it stablize back to $50-60???? Whoever held out on this card did the right thing. He still has a chance to be in the HOF, then watch it sky rocket.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

• hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Can it go lower??? Will it stablize back to $50-60???? Whoever held out on this card did the right thing. He still has a chance to be in the HOF, then watch it sky rocket. >>

I doubt that anyone waited 4 years just to save $10 on a PSA 9.
    And Mattingly will never make the HOF

Most of the value of this card (especially in PSA 10) is and will continue to be, due to the prior popularity of the card itself and not the performance of the player on it.
    The rest of the value of the card is due to the fact he was a Yankee.
  • KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    Can it go lower??? Will it stablize back to $50-60???? Whoever held out on this card did the right thing. He still has a chance to be in the HOF, then watch it sky rocket.

He has a much better chance now of making it in as a manager.
    I guess there were no real big savings on this Mattingly. Actually, considering that more got graded since 3 years ago (increase of supply) and the recession, the card withstood the weather pretty good.

Now that Mattingly is the manager of a large market team, it will put him in the lime light more so than other excellent players that retired and moved on to other things.

Any success of the Dodgers will also elevate an awareness of Mattingly.

Beside the reputation of the card in the past and it being of a Yankee, there are lots of Mattingly fans. You don't need the HOF to be popular. He is not just another Yankee, he is one of the All-time great Yankees. Others admired him and respected him as a player--even more so now because of the steroid era being exposed.

• Although still very popular, Mattingly's image has taken a slight hit in recent years due to his very cozy affiliation with Joe Torre, who has become somewhat of a controversial figure in Yankeeland.

I remember in the 1999 playoffs against Texas, he was introduced last in the pre-game ceremonies, after about a dozen other all-time Yankee greats, and he got by far the loudest and longest ovation.

I didn't even realize what I was doing at the time, because it was just a natural, emotional, instinctive reaction, but I actually stood up and clapped louder, harder, and longer for him than I'd done for anybody else who'd just been introduced. I guess the rest of the crowd felt the same way I did, but those days are over, especially since he's now the manager of a long-time rival team (going all the way back to 1941). He's still a beloved Yankee great, but not at the same level of 10-15 years ago immediately following his retirement.
  • a nice raw one will cost what ? $9
    A raw one for $9?? Perhaps. If a PSA 8 goes for $15, a raw one could go for $9. Don't expect it to grade above a PSA 7 though. Raw cards are high risk purchases over the internet. Something could look MINT on the scan, but can EASILY be a PSA 7.

• i really hope your not serious.

Is purchasing 1984 Donruss cards risky? It's not as if your buying a Mantle RC.

Looks like you could get a nice raw one for $11-14, heck you might pay the same for a graded one.

There is still a perception that the card is rare, it truly isnt as the demand is not what it used to be.
  • larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    It's a nice card to own but I don't think I will shift my 401k into Mattingly rookie cards.

In terms of him one day making the HOF as a manager... I hope so since I am a Dodger fan. However, I do not think that will change the value of his cards much.