Home Metal Detecting
Options

some recent stuff

have'nt been out in a long time. recently recovered these items, while detecting with riccar: 14k gold ring, 1897 quarter, pistol ball and smashed musket ball. the quarter is my lucky 13th barber quarter dug.

Comments

• Options
    That quarter needs a nice bath. Congrats.
  • Options
    A little ezest and that quarter might turn out to be a good one...
    Here's the dime I pulled from that same spot:

Before=

After=

Fun hunting... Still can't get over you pulling that gold out of the trash pile!
    How many pull tabs did you end up with?!
  • Options
    i did'nt count, but i'd say i dug at least 150+/- targets, most being trash.

the fog has come in, so tomorrow should not be as hot. i may go back to that lot. gonna use a rake in the back.
  • Options
    >>gonna use a rake in the back<<

Is that a new type of search coil? image

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087

<< <i>have'nt been out in a long time. >>

Nice way to come back!
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    13th Barber quarter. You're ten ahead of me, and I am sure due for one. It has been twelve years since I dug one.

Of course I can moan all I want- it won't do me any good until I can actually get outdoors and put the coil to the soil again. I haven't been out since VTH3 in February.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    i did a re count and discovered i made a mistake. its not 13 but merely 12. took me 2 years to get this one. took me 10 years find my first one, that was back in 1996. i'm especially happy with this one, cause its a date i had not dug yet.