Home Sports Talk
Options

Brady Quinn keeps falling in the draft

#13 in the first round and he is still available. He put on the brave face with the Browns passed him up, he had to have been
very disappointed. It will be interesting to see where he ends up.

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,749 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Realistically - he is a second or third round pick - the scouts and GM's got this one right.
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Realistically - he is a second or third round pick - the scouts and GM's got this one right. >>

Third round pick??

Surely the Lions, Browns, and Dolphins wouldn't pass on him again in the second round.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought for sure the Browns would have picked him, Weiss and Crennell worked together so I would have thought that it would have been a nice fit.
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well at least ESPN stopped showing his mug every two seconds as he is probably reeling mentally. I do want to see his girlfriend more though image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926

<< <i>I do want to see his girlfriend more though >>

Me to image

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    She oughtta dump him after this.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    She probably will after this...He wont be able to afford her diamonds and gold on his lesser salary lol.
  • Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    He is still going to be a millionaire

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Realistically - he is a second or third round pick - the scouts and GM's got this one right. >>

Third round pick??

Surely the Lions, Browns, and Dolphins wouldn't pass on him again in the second round. >>

Yes, perhaps the 2nd round.

Winning college QB but with no mobility and average arm strength = 2nd or 3rd round pick at best. And besides, Charlie Weis could make any quarterback look good. Quinn was highly overrated going into this draft by the usual pundits who love anything Notre Dame.
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Third round pick??

Surely the Lions, Browns, and Dolphins wouldn't pass on him again in the second round. >>

Yes, perhaps the 2nd round.

Winning college QB but with no mobility and average arm strength = 2nd or 3rd round pick at best. And besides, Charlie Weis could make any quarterback look good. Quinn was highly overrated going into this draft by the usual pundits who love anything Notre Dame. >>

Does anybody really see him slipping by KC?
  • Options

<< <i>Here's tht thing. Quinn has A LOT of mobility. I've seen almost all of his games and he eludes TONS of would be sacks and runs for MANY key first downs. His strength and limber body make him tough to sack. Read John Murphy's assessment of him. Also, he's A LOT more mobile than Montana and Brady (Tom) ever were. One may argue back and forth about exactly where you pick up a Quinn or a QB without super arm strenghth, but that has not been the differentiating factor in QB success in the NFL. For every Marino, Elway or Farve with great arm strenghth, you have guys sitting with more SB rings in Montana, Simms, Brady, Aikman etc. >>

By no means am I saying Quinn is an automatic bust in the NFL. Of course every player is a gamble to at least some extent. But based on Quinn's strengths and weaknesses, he wasn't ever going to be the #1 pick as some pundits thought he should. I mean some pundits had him going higher than Russell which was absurd.
  • Options
    To get a guy at #22 who before the draft was discussed as a possible overall #1 if not Top 5 I'll take it.

Hey...he cannot do any worse than Tim Couch

Bye Frye
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>To get a guy at #22 who before the draft was discussed as a possible overall #1 if not Top 5 I'll take it.

Bye Frye >>

Quinn will be a lot cheaper this way too, good financial move for Cleveland.
  • Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942

<< <i>

<< <i>To get a guy at #22 who before the draft was discussed as a possible overall #1 if not Top 5 I'll take it.

Bye Frye >>

Quinn will be a lot cheaper this way too, good financial move for Cleveland. >>

The Browns get someone they wanted but not at the high price it would have been if they acted earlier in the draft.
    This gives Quinn more motivation to prove the naysayers wrong (if he can that is).