Home Sports Talk
Options

The official I love/hate my NFL team's draft choice!

Lets get everyone's thoughts on how well they thought their team did in the draft this weekend.

Comments

• Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    I'll let you know.

When you win the Super Bowl, you've got to wait awhile to get a pick. image

shawn
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    the Jets are giving up way too much to move up, dumb move in my opinion
  • Options
    I was hoping the Falcons would make a deal to get LaRon Landry. Looking at who was left, Jamaal Anderson was a good choice, but that doesn't help one of the NFL's worst secondaries.
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Adam Carriker seems like a good pick for the Rams. Hopefully he'll yield results more in tune with Grant Wistrom did rather than some of the Rams' less illustrious Nebraska picks - e.g. Lawrence Phillips and Eric Crouch.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    I like Okoye image

In theory and if they live up to their potential, our DL could be a force for years to come image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would the Saints draft a WR? They have a solid corps of receivers already, why not go with defense?
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    the Saints lost Joe Horn, and while Colston is good, and Henderson is a deep threat, they did need some help there. I am not sold on Meachem though, and would have rather moved up in the second round to take Sidney Rice.
  • Options

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Stown you are GONZO!!! image
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kevin Kolb - great pick!
  • Options
    Well the Dolphins drafted someone to keep Daunte company - on the sidelines.
    Have shine box will travel
    ------------
    BOBBY ORR
    THE BEST THERE WAS!
    THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE!
    ------------
  • Options
    Love the Browns 1st two picks, but moving up in the 2nd round baffles me. The gave up their 3rd, 4th and 6th pick for the Cowboys 2nd and 6th picks. This to get a guy who played 9 games for UNLV last year (CB) and was arrested (not sure if he was convicted) for potential date rape charges - pretty serious stuff
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    i too am still confused about what teh J-E-T-S did!!!!!!!!!!!!

trade a 2nd to move up 12 spots for a 6 foot corner?????

i hope eric knows what he's doing, he learned from one of the best

J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the Giants pick ..... nothing that will grab headlines but will hopefully do alot to improve our pass defense!

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    scooter25scooter25 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭✭
    Gotta love the Browns picks they finally get someone who might actually help protect either Frye or Quinn and it is nice to have a good QB hopefully he isn't another Tim Couch! That would hurt.
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Too early to tell if you are a Bear's fan. I am not an Olsen fan, but Angelo has cleaned up the past few years in later rounds. I'll wait and see but I love Okwo, having seen him play numerous time, Beekman appears to have a chance to start in a couple of years and they drafted a kid out of Central Michigan at DE that altho undersized was most valuable player in the all star game on defense. They picked up some athletic kids to play corner and safety in a couple of years. As usual with the Bears its always, wait and see if they develop. I liked the attitude of picking up a lot of kids and gaining an extra choice for next year.
  • Options
    My 1st rounder admitted to smoking pot image
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Steve are you just trying to reassure yourself about the Kolb kid or do you believe it truly. It seemed a WR would of been a much better choice.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    GeomanGeoman Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭
    Life-long Vikings fan here, and they never draft well.

I was hoping they would take Brady Quinn with the 7th pick, because I am not convinced on Tarvaris Jackson developing into the QB of the future for the Vikes. Also, drafting Adrian Peterson when your best player on the team is Chester Taylor with over 1,200 years rushing last year, seemed like they were not filling one of their most urgents need.
  • Options
    Patriots also get SF 1st round draft pick for next year, a free safety and Randy Moss for a 4th round pick, say what you want about Randy but the fact that he restructered his contract tells me that his attitude might be changing for the better.

All around image
  • Options
    estangestang Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭
    Very pleased with the Vikes selections this year. Kiper gave them a B plus -- highest grade he gave.

Had the Vikings taken Brady Quinn, it would have been a huge mistake. Tavaris Jackson was taken in 2nd round last year and has great athletic ability (like the kid from LSU). So taking Quinn would have been like trading Jackson & Peterson for Quinn ---

SKOL!
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • Options

<< <i>i too am still confused about what teh J-E-T-S did!!!!!!!!!!!!

trade a 2nd to move up 12 spots for a 6 foot corner?????

i hope eric knows what he's doing, he learned from one of the best

J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS >>

I don't know either. I'm just putting my faith in MANGENIUS and hoping for the best!