Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Mastro Auction

Anyone a bit surprised by the final price of the 65 Koufax/Drysdale GM 10 card ($24,500 with BP)? I thought it to be a bit exorbitant. I was expecting something in the $10,000-$12,000 range....

Comments

• Options
    Seems awfully high for a 1965 card
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see what it's worth in 2 years from now.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see what it's worth 2 days from now.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    $2000-3000 perhaps
  • Options
    That is not even a nice looking 10. Absolutely insane.
  • Options
    Unbelievable.

An SGC 98 closed for $2,200 in the same auction!!

• Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    What would a PSA 9 or SGC 96 sell for? Maybe $400-500.

I would buy a 9 and save the $23500. Then maybe use that leftover money for a nice new car, home improvement bills, or paying off a few semesters of college tuition.

Insanity!
  • Options
    On the PSA one, it looks like both the grader and the buyer overlooked the print mark on the bottom left as well as the tilt.

On the SGC card, it looks like SGC (as usual) overlooked the centering.

I thought these were supposed to be "gem mint" cards.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'd like to see what it's worth 2 days from now. >>

I'd like to see what it's worth with a new cert # in the next auction as a 1/1 image
  • Options
    I was going to post this earlier, but the Mastro site was down (or busy). The super sized scan.

How many print dots are allowed on a 10? This thing has probably 10 little dots on it...

• Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    Little print dots on PSA 10's don't bother me at all if the card has razor corners and 55/45 or better centering which this leader card appears to have. Almost every PSA 10 has a few flaws. The PSA 10 grade shouldn't even exist, it should go to Mint and that's it, as you can find a flaw with every card printed.
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For 24,000 you can get an entire 1965 set in PSA 8 and still have enough $$ to do alot of upgrades. Well as long as the buyer is happy with what he got, I guess thats all that matters.
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    The seller will probably be very happy with the card, until he sells it.

SL
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very poor eye appeal for a PSA 10, IMO.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.