Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

May PSA Specials

Any early word on the May PSA Grading specials? Always like to start gathering cards early if I can..John

Comments

• Options
    Unlike most businesses, PSA does not advertise specials until usually the 2nd or 3rd of the month. Of course, this is stupid and bad for business (people like to be able to divert funds, make appropriate purchases to submit, plan ahead, etc.), but this is what PSA does.
  • Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926

<< <i>make appropriate purchases to submit >>

That is a good point. I odered a wax box of 84 Donruss for the last $5 dollar special and by the time I received the box and sorted through the cards I barely had time to ship them to PSA.

If I had more time I would have sent a second batch for grading as well. Those cards are sitting here waiting for another special.

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Please have a 50s football special.

Pretty please with sugar on top image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I still want $4 modern special.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Spoke with Customer Service, there are two specials. One is for tickets, and the other is the $13/5-day, no minimum, like the Set Registry Special that is ending today.
  • Options
    JohnnyDJohnnyD Posts: 520 ✭✭

<< <i>Spoke with Customer Service, there are two specials. One is for tickets, and the other is the $13/5-day, no minimum, like the Set Registry Special that is ending today. >>

Do you have the details on the ticket special? I have a lot of worldseries tickets I have been waiting to submit....John
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭

<< <i>Spoke with Customer Service, there are two specials. One is for tickets, and the other is the $13/5-day, no minimum, like the Set Registry Special that is ending today. >>

Oh goody, I was afraid that $13 / 5 day "special" was going to end so I boxed up another order for it last night again.

They might as well just add that to the standard service level pricing and create actual "specials" each month. Once in a while you have 3 specials, but the $13 /5 day is always included. I like it, don't get me wrong, but it's not so much of a special anymore. I expect to see it every month. I have a near 500 card order sitting on my desk that would fit very nicelly into a $4/modern special if they wanted to do that. image
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    I wonder how many subs they really get on a ticket special , I don't see these for sale very often so I can't imagine there are a lot of subs. Guess this is what they use when the graders need a break
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I wonder how many subs they really get on a ticket special , I don't see these for sale very often so I can't imagine there are a lot of subs. Guess this is what they use when the graders need a break >>

No doubt,...is a $13 5-day a "special"?
  • Options
    1966CUDA1966CUDA Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭✭
    Well, maybe they're doing it so they can free up some time to finish the older specials that still have people waiting 1-2 months.....gives them a month to clear the orders out and maybe June have another good one. I dont think a whole lot of ticket subs. will be sent in so maybe that's why they're doing it.
  • Options
    Honestly I can't remember the details of the ticket special since it didn't pertain to me, but I do remember it having a $1000 Max value. I don't remember the cost. You can call Customer Service to find out though, it was very easy and no wait.
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    well i sent in 69 tickets at the end of the last special, which was the end of Feb. As of yet I still havent gotten the grades on them.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Unlike most businesses, PSA does not advertise specials until usually the 2nd or 3rd of the month. Of course, this is stupid and bad for business (people like to be able to divert funds, make appropriate purchases to submit, plan ahead, etc.), but this is what PSA does. >>

This isn't the business model I see in PSA's handling of specials; and it seems far from stupid. Given their long lead times, I don't get that PSA's business is dependant upon specials. Many of the specials actually appear like discouragements to submit. For the most part, the specials are small gifts to the collectors and are not meant to cause a lot of advance preparation. Plus, if you know what's coming, you might not be liable to take advantage of what's currently offered.

Just my $.02.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options

<< <i>Honestly I can't remember the details of the ticket special since it didn't pertain to me, but I do remember it having a $1000 Max value. I don't remember the cost. You can call Customer Service to find out though, it was very easy and no wait. >>

How do you estimate the value of a ticket? My dad has a couple of Army/Navy tix from 1938 or 39 that were never used because of a blizzard a couple days before the game (and my grandmother was pregnant w/ my dad). I saw them last about 10 years ago and they looked to be in mint condition.
    Is there a price guide for tickets or does anyone have a guess-timate on the tickets?
    Thanks
  • Options
    I've heard them say you are the only one who determines the value of the card (ticket in this case), because that's only used for insurance purposes. I suppose you can submit a Mantle rookie and call it worth $1, but if it gets lost in the mail you're f'd.

I could be wrong, and I probably am about this.