Home Metal Detecting
Options

Wooo! Hooo! I'm free on a Saturday!(Update: Silvered!!)

well, my wife and kids are gone, and I don't have any office work to do at least. But, I promised my wife I would reupholster the dining room chairs. image

Maybe I can sneak away to the elementary school tot-lot for a an hour or so though.

Shhhhhh don;t tell anyone!!

Comments

• Options
    laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255
    That chair job sounds like an evening deal anyway.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    Just buy new ones and have a do nothing day!
  • Options
    DesertRatDesertRat Posts: 1,791
    Ok so I decided to take off and head down to one of the two elementary schools here in town. I chose the older of the two and hit the sand tot lot. It'sabout 90 degrees out today and I only managed to get an hour and a half of sweeping in and cleared about half the tot lot before the heat got to me and I headed home.

Here is what I found: $2.98 in modern clad, a bunch of junk (I dug every target) and two pieces of jewelry. The ring was was a solid signal 2 inches down. when I picked it up I literally tossed it in the pouch without inspecting it and further. A few minutes later I hit on the butterfly hair clip with 2 "diamonds" (most likely CZ).

Upon closer inspection at home the ring is stamped inside the band with 925. The clip appears to be a silver plated bobby pin with the silver butterfly however it is so small I can't see any stamp on the butterfly. The photos are poor since they are cell phone pics.

imageimageimage

The ring is on the tip of my pinky in that second shot to show how small it is.

• Options
    So Danny, you fence juming now? Didn't know there was any school in our area that wasn't fenced and locked now.

Very nice ring. Congratulations.

G.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Very sweet ring. image
  • Options

<< <i>So Danny, you fence juming now? Didn't know there was any school in our area that wasn't fenced and locked now.

Very nice ring. Congratulations.

G. >>

The school itself is locked down but the playing field and playground is open due to youth sports using the fields all the time. The local Sheriff drove by several times and never bothered me so all is good! image
  • Options
    Good job DR! I think you have the detector set just right if you pick up paper clips and bobby pins.

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087
    WTG DRimage