Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Need help in scanning and uploading postacrds to the Registry

While working on my NFL HOF autograph set I've picked up some beautiful PSA/DNA certified HOF Signature Series autographed postcards. The cards are oversized and my problem is trying to get the scan under 100K so as to upload them to my Registry set. I have an HP Photosmart 2610 Printer/Scanner/Copier and use Photoshop elements 4.0 to scan and crop the photos. Can anyone give me a step-by-step as to how to do this? Some people have suggested lower the pixels, but when I try that the software automatically adjsuts the scan size upward. I've triedsaving the scan on it's lowest resolution (0), and still haven't been successful. Any help would be appreciated.
Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion

Comments

• Options
    TTT. Any help?? Anybody?
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭
    I'm not an expert, but I'd suggest opening up the scans in Photoshop, and then, from the File menu, click on Save for Web. That should take you to a screen where you can adjust both the size and quality to get under 100k. Hope that helps.

• Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    This is a simple to use piece of software that edits pics. I use it for all my registry images.

IrFanview
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra