Home Sports Talk
Options

Reds need to trade Dunn and Milton now

Adam Dunn aka the second coming of Dave Kingman without the defense and Mr.Milton should be traded NOW. Opinions?
USN 1977-1987 * ALL cards are commons unless auto'd. Buying Britneycards. NWO for life.

Comments

• Options
    Do they have any real trade value???? Maybe Milton, but not Dunn
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Doesn't Dunn play in the outfield..how bad can his D be?

Im sure there are alot of teams out there willing to pick up a 30 HR guy

Kevin
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A 30 HR guy is a dime a dozen nowadays, not to mention his .240 BA with about 200 K's to go with that.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,537 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>His actually a 40HR guy. And and average of 100 Runs and 100 RBIs to boot over the last 3 seasons. Yeah, he strikes out a lot but he's ranked 2, 4, & 7 in HRs over the past 3 years and is definitely worth a look if you're trying to fill a DH spot, especially considering that he can focus soley on hitting. Plus, he's only 27 years old. >>

I did not realize the 100/100 production, yea I quess a team could take a flyer on him for a DH role. Makes sense...
  • Options
    Avg HR RBI Runs SB
    .273 4 9 13 4

Dunn seems to be having a productive first month and considering he is a warm weather hitter like most HR guys I would have him in my line up any day of the week.
  • Options
    metalmikemetalmike Posts: 2,152 ✭✭
    Dunn for Dontrelle? even up?
    USN 1977-1987 * ALL cards are commons unless auto'd. Buying Britneycards. NWO for life.
  • Options
    Certainly not Dave Kingman! Kingman was an out machine with a poor OB%. Dunn has a well above average OB%. Big difference.

It is true that a .500 SLG% is nothing very special right now. In fact, with all of Dunn's HR's, he doesn't even have a single top ten SLG% ranking...and that is NL only. So he has basically never finished in the top 20 in MLB for SLG% yet.

He finsihed once at ninth in OPS+ in the NL, and that is his best. Much better than average MLB hitter, but not in line with any of the best hitters.

The strikeout factor has small implications, and in run scoring terms is equivalanet to if you knocked off two or three homers per year from his totals.