Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Crack and Resubmit - But to Eliminate a Qualifier?

Crack and resubmit to get a higher grade? No big deal. That happens all the time. But has anyone ever cracked, resubmited and eliminated a qualifier? For example, a PSA 9 (OC) becomes a PSA 9. Or a PSA 9 (MK) becomes a PSA 9, e.g. the second grader did not see mark. Or how about this one, a PSA 5 becomes a PSA 9 or PSA 10 because the surface wrinkle (though technically not a qualifier) was not picked up the second time around. What about PD for printing defects of MC for miscut? I would have to imagine the MC qualifier would be next to impossible to eliminate on a resubmit. Any thoughts and/or experiences?

/s/ JackWESQ

Comments

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PD's are the easiest to get the qualifier removed. Light snow seems less problematic now than in the past.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    yeah i cracked a 8st that had wax on the back and resubbed for a straight 8..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    I've tried unsuccessfully a few times.

e.g., Mark, that PSA 9OC Jose Guzman I bought off you stayed the same.
  • Options
    colebearcolebear Posts: 886 ✭✭
    I am actually doing it right now with a 78 topps Molitor/trammell rookie. It is graded a PSA 9 with a PD and the print defect is not the normal ink stain that goes with this card, it is just some snow on the card. I needed my loupe to see it.
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    I actually got a few cards that were returned to me as "not holdered - miscut" and "not holdered - min size". Never tried to eliminate a qualifier though. I would imagine wax stains are the easiest qualifier to get rid of though.
  • Options
    I've resubmitted one card that was not graded because of evidence of trimming and it came back graded so I luck out this time.
    Collecting 1955 Topps BB
  • Options
    jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭
    I've cracked and resubmitted 3 regular Topps cards to remove the qualifer:

1968 Gale Sayers 8 OC to PSA 7
    1970 OJ Simpson 8 OC to PSA 7
    1970 Willie Mays 8 OC to PSA 6 (for what it's worth this was graded on my first submission in 1998)

I also have a 1971 Pete Rose that I pulled from a rack pack that got a 5 on it's first trip to Newport Beach although I didn't ask for NQ.

On Pete's second trip he got a PSA 9 OC.

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

• Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    Has anyone has any further luck with this? Anybody been able to eliminate a MK, PD, ST qualifier on a re-submit? Thanks.

/s/ JackWESQ