Home Metal Detecting
Options

1st Hunt of 2007

I decided the old ball field was the place to start off the 2007 season. While it didn't disappoint me, neither did it delight me. I found .52 modern clad, four of those coins being dimes, my machine's favorite target. Just once I wish the ground would give up a little merc ...Just once!!
So Earl, when might I expect the your coins to begin working their magic??? image
Be Still and Know

Comments

• Options
    Glad you got back out Mary!
    Here's hoping you recover that Merc.! image
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Mary,

Glad you got out. I got my fingers crossed for you.

G.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's Mercury, to inspire you. image

Actually, when I went to Google up a picture of him with his winged cap, I realized that using "Mercury" as a keyword was gonna get me pictures of cars and planets and thermometers and so on, so I used his Greek name, Hermes, instead of his Roman name.

Of course, using "Hermes" as a keyword brings up all sorts of unbelievably expensive scarves and handbags and chic, snooty rich-lady stuff.

So if you don't find Mercury on a dime, maybe you'll find Hermes, on a fancy handbag. (And you can put some Mercury dimes in the Hermes bag). image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087
    The Mercs, and others, will come.
    I was looking at wikimapia the other day and noticed a nice little beach at Wathic pond.
    http://www.wikimapia.org/#y=43738980&x=-70618229&z=15&l=0&m=h
  • Options
    There might NOT be any Mercs there where you are looking.

<< <i>Just once I wish the ground would give up a little merc ...Just once!! >>

I remember wishing for the same thing. I have found several Mercs since and still pray
    every time I go MDing for "Just one Merc".