Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

100% plagiarized auction!!!

I am going to make this real brief but to the point. I have had a vintage baseball wax pack auction on ebay for several months and it is going pretty well. It is recurring with some very, very slight changes. About 1 hour ago a "newbie", on ebay for 3 months, decided to plagiarize pretty much the entire auction verbatim. Please be aware that it is a fairly lengthy auction. I am a silver, soon to be gold, powerseller and am dealing with an ebay rep. on the issue. Do any of you have any suggestions or advice on what I can do to this plagiarizing seller. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Tell him to stop plagiarizing you. Glad I could help.

Lee
  • Options
    Is this really a big issue? Sorry I am not a big ebay seller
    ---------------------------------------------

"The Villain"

Shiba Rescue Organization
    A Shiba Inu is a terrible thing to waste! image
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    Try selling a $14K '52 Mantle on ebay only to have your entire listing, words AND photos stolen the day before it ends. It makes for all kinds of fun when they not only do that but email your winning bidder to say THEY own the card and you are the thief.

True story that happen to me about 3 yrs ago. I emailed the winning bidder several times, included a photo of me holding the card with that days newspaper, etc. Nothing mattered to him, the thief had already gotten to him good enough to make him believe I was the scam artist.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    wow that had to suck.

Guess it can be a problem.
    ---------------------------------------------

"The Villain"

Shiba Rescue Organization
    A Shiba Inu is a terrible thing to waste! image
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,558 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Try selling a $14K '52 Mantle on ebay only to have your entire listing, words AND photos stolen the day before it ends. It makes for all kinds of fun when they not only do that but email your winning bidder to say THEY own the card and you are the thief.

True story that happen to me about 3 yrs ago. I emailed the winning bidder several times, included a photo of me holding the card with that days newspaper, etc. Nothing mattered to him, the thief had already gotten to him good enough to make him believe I was the scam artist. >>

Brian that is a VERY ugly situation.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a big fan of "grab bag" auctions for vintage packs in general, but there's no doubt this other guy is deliberately trying to copy your auction format, even down to the gallery photo. Not sure, though, if anything can be done legally to stop him, though, as long as the packs he is picturing are his and not yours.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Links?
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

<< <i>Links? >>

EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think ya can do anything about someone using your style of auctioning unless you had some kind of copyright or something?

You musta did a good job - still not cool to do that IMO.

Sorry to hear about it - have ya got a link?
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Not positive but I do think ebay has a rule against doing that.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    My auction plagiarized is ebay#110112254849 (now a closed auction - sold out!!). This jerks' auction is #290110205651. Let it be known that I am a pretty large dealer in the Cleveland area. It is guys like this that put a black mark on our hobby!!!
  • Options
    I am working diligently with my powerseller team to get this guy suspended from ebay - it is a direct violation of ebay policy!!!
  • Options
    williplettwilliplett Posts: 471 ✭✭
    Wow, that sucks. Ebay has really become a breeding ground for scumbags. I do my best to report auctions that obviously are false. The ones that I usually send in are the keyword spamming ones that show up in my PSA searches even though they are in GEM holders.

Ebay takes action some of the time, but most of the time they don't. I think the problem is just too wide spread.

Hopefully you get some satisfaction. That deal with the Mantle is horrible! Was 14k a good hammer for the card too?