Home Sports Talk
Options

How hard is it to get Red Sox tickets for Fenway Park?

Guest editorial in todays USA Today complaining about how season ticket holders (59% of the seats) ticket scalpers and group sales have bought up nearly every ticket to Fenway Park this season with it being impossible to get even 3 seats together in the month of August. There are some singles and a few doubles but nothing more, not even when the Sox are playing against a lowly team like the Devil Rays.
Every game against the Yankers is of course sold out as it should be. What are your experiences trying to get tickets to Fenway? How
much would you be willing to pay a scalper?

Comments

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I'm there for many games every year, but I usually don't bother with the Yankee-Red Sox series, because ticket prices for those games are too expensive to consider. For other games, I often get tickets through clients (who have season tickets) or friends, but if I am just going on the spur of the moment, I have always gotten decent tickets through stubhub without paying crazy prices. One thing's for sure however - no matter who the opponent is, there is never an empty seat in the house.
  • Options
    How many consecutive sellouts have they had at Fenway?
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I believe it was just over 300 going into last weekend's Yankee series.
  • Options
    You've got a few to go to catch Cleveland - 455 straight. They should sell out every game in Boston - large population, small stadium capacity and a good team.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the team reserves a few hundred seats for day-of-game sales --- for every game. They sell out quickly at the Fenway Box Office.
  • Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    I was on the phone and the internet the first day the tickets became available to the public this year. I went to the first series with Seattle and the best I could do was get two tickets in the same section but not together.
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    I live in California so I get my Red Sox tickets online the morning they go on sale. It's dificult to get into the virtual waiting room and have a chance to buy tickets, but I've been successful two years in a row now after several hours of trying waiting. I was able to get 3 tickets to two Angels series games last year and this year I was able to get 2 tickets to the Cleveland series at the end of May . . . not great seats though.

The Red Sox also hold lotteries though. You can enter your name on the lottery for tickets on the Monster, the right field roof tickets (I think), and Yankees games. I believe they have more lotteries too, but I don't know what they're for or when they're held. I seem to remember another board member writing about a Christmas Day lottery at the park where you could buy a package of tickets.

One thing I learned when I took the tour of Fenway was that they really do whatever they can to make sure that people only get to sit in the Monster seats once so that they can get as many people up there as possible. I'm sure people have found ways around that, but for my money, those are the best seats in any stadium in any sport.
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    I use a ticket service to get tickets to Cardinals games when I go to St Louis. That service lists tickets for all Red Sox home games. For example it lists 4 ticket packages to the 5-11 Orioles game ranging from $ 62 a piece ( Lower center Field Bleacher) to $ 308 a piece ( Field Box), with varying prices in between. There were 2 dugout box seats listed at $ 600 something each . I have never had them fail me for tickets I needed , although once or twice they had to offer alternatives to my first choice of seats
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been fortunate in the Red Sox ticket lottery just once, and I have tried them all, every year. I was only able to get one seat in all those lotteries. image

BUT...it was for opening day, 2005! It doesn't get any better than that at Fenway. Grown men were crying that day, on and off the field. image
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    I was lucky enough to score ONE ticket to dice-k's debut, there were a few scalpers out front so I figured 2 Yankee's tickets with Dice-k pitching would be easy. Well let me tell ya, I almost didn't get in. you could try craigslist boston, or stubhub (expensive) there are always tix on ebay as well.
  • Options
    My workplace, (Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center) is the "Official" hospital of the BoSox. I've been fortunate to get cheap, or FREE tix for the past three years. Two years ago our outpatient unit was picked to play a softball game in fenway! that was pretty freakin cool. We can also go to any game, 20 minutes after it starts and see if there are available seats (folks who dont claim tix, or dont show up) and for $5 you can see the game (and you can bring a friend) ANY Seat, including suites, OWNERS box... a co-worker sat next to Larry Luchino one night, crazy.

Last year I bought tix to the Indians series, i wanted good seats, I paid for good seats. OUCH. but i was one row from the field down the third base line. Folks around me were getting hammered with line drives and foul balls, it was very cool. Pre-game all the Indians were stretching about 10 feet from where I was, so we could go down to the rail and chat with them.

Fenway still has a lot of charm and some of the best energy I have ever experienced in a crowd; especially when Ortiz comes up. Simply amazing.