Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Hoping to see some grades soon before May's Special pops Up!

Hi-
I'm hoping to see some grades from my mid-March subs before the May special pops up next week! Nothing bothers me more than when I'm waiting on subs from 2 months earlier and new specials pop up!!! I know that we should expect to wait 45 days but when I have some subs pop in 2 weeks and others in 2 months for the same special it BOTHERS me! Where is every else for subs and wait time.. Hopefully still not back in January.. That would be ludicrous!
Paul

Comments

• jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    yeah I wouldnt mind see my ticket graded that i sent in on the ticket special.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • It has seem to me by reading some of the post that they are still way behind. I am also waiting on a march sub.
  • 1966CUDA1966CUDA Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭
    Me too...I have one logged March 15th.
  • Hi- Does anyone have a sub before March 15th they are waiting on? I have March 15, 16, and 21st subs at PSA!
    Paul
  • My new member sub was received on the 17th and popped today.
  • dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hi- Does anyone have a sub before March 15th they are waiting on? I have March 15, 16, and 21st subs at PSA!
    Paul >>

Mine was sent on 2/28 and logged in on 3/08.
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&amp;_in_kw=1&amp;_ex_kw=&amp;_sacat=0&amp;_udlo=&amp;_udhi=&amp;_ftrt=901&amp;_ftrv=1&amp;_sabdlo=&amp;_sabdhi=&amp;_samilow=&amp;_samihi=&amp;_sadis=15&amp;_stpos=61611&amp;_sargn=-1&saslc=1&amp;_salic=1&amp;_fss=1&amp;_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&amp;_saslop=1&amp;_sasl=mygirlsthree3&amp;_sop=12&amp;_dmd=1&amp;_ipg=50&amp;_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725

<< <i>

<< <i>Hi- Does anyone have a sub before March 15th they are waiting on? I have March 15, 16, and 21st subs at PSA!
    Paul >>

Mine was sent on 2/28 and logged in on 3/08. >>

Mine too. I'm growing inpatient.
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    3/12
    4/17 (2)

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
    my ticket submission under the special was logged in on 3/6.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Date Received: 03/19/2007
    Date of Grades Posted: No Date Specified
    Date Shipped: No Date Specified
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Mine was:
    Date Received: 03/13/2007

Date Received: 04/06/2007

• Like I've said all along PSA needs to hire more graders to shorten their turnaround times! When collectors get sick of waiting they usually don't send more subs in because they are in a pissy mood! I know.. I know... it says 45 day turnaround for most specials but when some guys get theirs back in a couple of weeks and I end up waiting 40-45 days it gets me in an OWLY mood.. I have about 100 cards I could send in but until I see some grades I'm going to hold on to my $$$$.
    Paul
  • colebearcolebear Posts: 886 ✭✭
    I sent in an order in early march and no poppage yet

Better yet, I sent a super express (2 day) order that was received mon and is not logged in yet. I will be calling about that one mon.
  • That is crazy! When you mark 2 day super express on your box it should jump to the front of the line and get done in 2 days! You paid a "crapload" of $ to get it done ASAP and they sit on it!! Your situation is starting to happen more often! I sent in 32 cards under the $15/10 day service 2 months ago. It took 10 business days to just get logged in. By the time they were graded it was 21 business days since they had one day when they were at a show so this day didn't count!! Ridiculous in my book! Like I keep saying... hire some more help and keep your regular submitters happy!!! My subs that were logged in on 3/15 and 3/16 were sent in on March 1st when the special was announced! Both arrived at psa on March 5th and weren't logged in until the end of the next week!! Busy or not.... speed up the process!
    Paul
  • In all fairness to PSA. IF you use the 45 day submission 45 business days = (9 weeks x 7 =63 -18 weekend days) so if it was logged in on say march the 1st it might be done by May 5 th as long as there were no holidays or shows, then add another 3 to 5 days for shipping and you looking at May 8th to May 10th. I consider 5.00 a card really reasonable grading fees. Not trying to start a war here, (as I am also waiting on 2 submissions (317 items)) and getting ready to send in another 75 to 200 cards. As someone else said I would rather it take 90 days and get the right grades and the right labels. Also I don't believe there is a guarantee on 45 day specials. just MOO

• << <i>I sent in an order in early march and no poppage yet

Better yet, I sent a super express (2 day) order that was received mon and is not logged in yet. I will be calling about that one mon. >>

That sucks.
  • I see your side of it Diamondman! I am like most collectors in that I hate the wait.. Maybe it's frustration on my part or the anticipation as time goes by.. What really bothers me is that PSA seems to take forever to log items in (my last 3 subs all took 2 weeks just to get logged in/plus tack on 45 more days of wait time) and how subs get graded randomly. One guy sends his in with the same special you have and its done in 2-3 weeks and yet you wait the full 9. Once PSA remedies these problems I will be a much happy customer! I also look at the SGC specials every month. I know SGC doesn't do the volume that psa does but all their specials are 20 days and everything I have ever sent to them has been done in under that time frame. My last order to SGC under a 20 day special only took 13 days. That was from the time I sent in until I had it in my hands! That is FAST and what I consider "quality service".. That was for a $5 special too! I know its hard to compare companies but I was impressed!
    Paul

• << <i>I see your side of it Diamondman! I am like most collectors in that I hate the wait.. Maybe it's frustration on my part or the anticipation as time goes by.. What really bothers me is that PSA seems to take forever to log items in (my last 3 subs all took 2 weeks just to get logged in/plus tack on 45 more days of wait time) and how subs get graded randomly. One guy sends his in with the same special you have and its done in 2-3 weeks and yet you wait the full 9. Once PSA remedies these problems I will be a much happy customer! I also look at the SGC specials every month. I know SGC doesn't do the volume that psa does but all their specials are 20 days and everything I have ever sent to them has been done in under that time frame. My last order to SGC under a 20 day special only took 13 days. That was from the time I sent in until I had it in my hands! That is FAST and what I consider "quality service".. That was for a $5 special too! I know its hard to compare companies but I was impressed!
    Paul >>

Paul, I agree Log in time is something that needs improved guess I have been lucky most of mine have been logged in within 3 to 8 days and I think that is slow seems 2 to 3 days should be the max, and frustration I think gets to everyone myself when frustration sets in I just go to the freezer and get some frozen snowballs out and nail the neighborhood kids with them and then go slap the wife and kids around, kick the dog and grab a 12 pack of BUD and try to relax. kidding about the Dog. LOL
    On a more serious note did PSA get your super express straightened out? image
  • Diamondman!
    Colebear had the "super express" that was put in the "super slow pile"! I hope that gets straightened out! What.. you drink "Bud Light".. try Michelob Golden Draft Light!! You'll like it!
    Paul
  • envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    Paul, we Minnesotan's are one of but a few states that have Mich Golden. Iowa just finally got it. I have to drink Bud Lite (or usually a Captain Coke) any time I got outside of MN. Even the nice steakhouses here don't have Mich Golden, so lucky for me, everyone has Captain and I always enjoy sailing with him. image
  • packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    Date Received: 03/05/2007

Date Received: 03/12/2007

• << <i>Diamondman!
    Colebear had the "super express" that was put in the "super slow pile"! I hope that gets straightened out! What.. you drink "Bud Light".. try Michelob Golden Draft Light!! You'll like it!
    Paul >>

regular Bud and Crown Royale occasionally Labatt Blue Ice when I get north of the border. "Forget Light beer " .

<< <i>In all fairness to PSA. IF you use the 45 day submission 45 business days = (9 weeks x 7 =63 -18 weekend days) so if it was logged in on say march the 1st it might be done by May 5 th as long as there were no holidays or shows, then add another 3 to 5 days for shipping and you looking at May 8th to May 10th. I consider 5.00 a card really reasonable grading fees. Not trying to start a war here, (as I am also waiting on 2 submissions (317 items)) and getting ready to send in another 75 to 200 cards. As someone else said I would rather it take 90 days and get the right grades and the right labels. Also I don't believe there is a guarantee on 45 day specials. just MOO

image >>

they even screw up the labels and super express level service of one card.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    I'm amazed. I just logged on to check for poppage and it was there! This was a 44 card submission sent in under the March $5 special.

Date Received: 03/08/2007
    Date of Grades Posted: 04/30/2007
    Date Shipped: 04/30/2007

• Great! A sub from 3/8 popped! That means they must be getting closer to my 3/15, 3/16, and 3/21 subs!! Go PSA Go!
    Paul
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    My 28-card March Special popped pretty quickly, and I even shipped it on the afternoon of March 30th! *shrugs*

Date Received: 04/03/2007
    Date of Grades Posted: 04/11/2007
    Date Shipped: 04/11/2007
  • Didn't want to hear that! Another sub 2 weeks after mine and graded 4 weeks ago... And I'm still waiting!! I wonder if PSA is getting our message loud and clear... Grade them in the order you receive them!!
    Paul
  • RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Well I just shipped mine the AM, NO POPPAGE for me for a while! A nice vintage sub though..cant wait!
  • smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭
    Still waiting on my 3/8/07 poppage.

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I keep hearing about this "problem pile" where they put subs that have problems, like not labeling the outside of the box, not signing the sub sheet, credit card not going through... maybe this could be the problem with some of the late poppers?
  • smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭
    No problems. Just taking a long time. The luck (bad) of the draw.

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • californiacards3californiacards3 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    PSA Order Status for Submission # 4532607

Date Received: 04/05/2007

This is getting bad. imageimageimage
  • RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I keep hearing about this "problem pile" where they put subs that have problems, like not labeling the outside of the box, not signing the sub sheet, credit card not going through... maybe this could be the problem with some of the late poppers? >>

dam! I forgot the service level on the box!
  • flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    sent in 58 vintage cards--logged in March 12th...45 day special---still waiting.

Sent an e-mail asking what was up...their response?

"your 58 card submission is still being processed"

Oh, thanks for clearing that up for me!!!!!!!!!!
  • mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

<< <i>PSA Order Status for Submission # 4532607

Date Received: 04/05/2007

This is getting bad. imageimageimage >>

I've got you beat:

Date Received: 03/19/2007
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • 19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    Marc-
    I just got my submission done last Thursday that was entered in on 2-21-07 when they received it 1-21-07. I would have posted the results but they were so bad I was embarrassed. I got grades that I did not even know existed.

SL
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • californiacards3californiacards3 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    Just thought I would go back and check my submissions over the last few years. Response time recently has been is the worst ever. I always hand deliver and pick up my cards. I know it is a luxury -- I live and work in Irvine/Newport Beach. I am waiting on three cards to finish and register two sets 1972 Icee bear and 1982 Donruss Golf. So I am impatient. Took several days to log in have been waiting since April 5 seems like forever

Response times on my 500 or so card submissions probably 14 submissions over the last three years have been as follows

First date is date received and then date posted. I usually picked up the following day. Always seems when you want a card they take forever. Generically I know my response times have been phenomenal so I cannot complain. Seems like folks from the midwest and East Coast have the hardest time. My condolences as I now know and feel your pain . imageimageimageimageimageimageimage

11/29/04 12/02/04
    6/7/06 6/15/06
    10/10/06 10/25/06
    9/19/06 9/26/06
    6/5/02 6/10/02
    5/31/06 6/5/06
    6/30/06 8/22/06
    11/22/06 12/14/06
    1/31/06 2/3/06
    5/4/06 5/6/06
    3/1/06 4/20/06
    6/7/06 6/16/06
    12/31/04 1/19/05
    6/8/04 6/11/04
  • Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

Non sports special has been continued through June 30th??????????????????????????????????????????
    Are you serious? The special has been out for 8 hours.... They must REALLY be behind
  • cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭

<< <i>Just thought I would go back and check my submissions over the last few years. Response time recently has been is the worst ever. I always hand deliver and pick up my cards. I know it is a luxury -- I live and work in Irvine/Newport Beach. I am waiting on three cards to finish and register two sets 1972 Icee bear and 1982 Donruss Golf. So I am impatient. Took several days to log in have been waiting since April 5 seems like forever

Response times on my 500 or so card submissions probably 14 submissions over the last three years have been as follows

First date is date received and then date posted. I usually picked up the following day. Always seems when you want a card they take forever. Generically I know my response times have been phenomenal so I cannot complain. Seems like folks from the midwest and East Coast have the hardest time. My condolences as I now know and feel your pain . imageimageimageimageimageimageimage

11/29/04 12/02/04
    6/7/06 6/15/06
    10/10/06 10/25/06
    9/19/06 9/26/06
    6/5/02 6/10/02
    5/31/06 6/5/06
    6/30/06 8/22/06
    11/22/06 12/14/06
    1/31/06 2/3/06
    5/4/06 5/6/06
    3/1/06 4/20/06
    6/7/06 6/16/06
    12/31/04 1/19/05
    6/8/04 6/11/04 >>

Those are some pretty solid turnaround times if you ask me.
    I'm from the Midwest and frankly I've never had a problem with slow turn times either. I've sent in orders as small as 10 cards and as large as 800 cards. I usually get them all back within three weeks time. Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones. Not sure. I typically send in cards from 1954 to about 1983. So there's no research involved with any of my orders. It's all mainsteam issues that are already cataloged.

Sorry you other submitters aren't getting them back faster.

There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason why some are graded fast and others are not. Just luck of the draw.

I do have a 10 card review order that's been there 6 weeks now, but I could care less when I get that one resolved. These are all PSA 8 cards that I won on ebay and felt were severely overgraded and I wanted PSA to take them off the market and reimburse me with grading vouchers. It's stuff that I couldn't bring myself to sell on ebay and therefore pass along the trash to another buyer. Just waiting on those at this time.
    cb-let us know how that turns out. I brought in a small sampling of cards that I thought were very overgraded, including a high profile psa 9 that actually has surface damage and a small amount of paper loss on the surface and was told that everything was gem on it, so it was an 8 one day, a 9 the next and to be happy with it. Then I gave them a PSA 9 with a stain and they finally agreed that one should have had an ST qualifier, but what was I really looking for from them? Since I wasn't the original submitter they wouldn't do anything for me and more or less told me to get bent quite frankly. I almost made the decision to sell every PSA card I owned and forgo the hobby for a while, but I enjoy the people on the boards and the set registry too much to do that.
  • cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    That's unfortunate that PSA would sort of blow you off and almost get you upset enough to consider hanging it up with grading. I'm glad you didn't do that. We all get mad at some time or another about the hobby. This is supposed to be a fun pastime. I'll let you know how my reviews turn out. Some were just commons for some sets I'm building and a few cards were cheaper stars valued under $50. Nothing major in there.

I know we've all heard stories about poor customer service and slow turnaround times, but I've have never experienced much of that over the years and I've been submitting cards to PSA for well over 10 years now. My dealings with PSA employees at shows and on the phone have all been very positive for the most part. Trust me, I'm not making this up. If there were problems I'd be letting other board members know about them. I treat the PSA people with mutual respect at shows and they treat me the same way. That's why I will continue to spend money with them for my grading needs.

I think PSA finds it somewhat unusual to have some of their cards brought to them to be regraded and asked to be put into a lower grade holder. Most people would just dump those over graded cards on ebay and move on. I don't feel right about passing the trash onto another collector, so I would rather have PSA review them and hopefully do the right thing and remove the over graded cards from circulation. It's only in PSA's best interests to have accurately graded cards floating around out there.

Envoy, I've had some excellent customer service from Ivan at PSA at the card shows. He's their operations manager I believe. He's been great to deal with and seems to handle a lot of the grading problems. If you would like his email/phone just PM me.

Regards,
    Rich
    I finally got my tickets to pop today. logged in 3/6/07. results are in Ticket popped for Favre Collection thread.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>That's unfortunate that PSA would sort of blow you off and almost get you upset enough to consider hanging it up with grading. I'm glad you didn't do that. We all get mad at some time or another about the hobby. This is supposed to be a fun pastime. I'll let you know how my reviews turn out. Some were just commons for some sets I'm building and a few cards were cheaper stars valued under $50. Nothing major in there.

I know we've all heard stories about poor customer service and slow turnaround times, but I've have never experienced much of that over the years and I've been submitting cards to PSA for well over 10 years now. My dealings with PSA employees at shows and on the phone have all been very positive for the most part. Trust me, I'm not making this up. If there were problems I'd be letting other board members know about them. I treat the PSA people with mutual respect at shows and they treat me the same way. That's why I will continue to spend money with them for my grading needs.

I think PSA finds it somewhat unusual to have some of their cards brought to them to be regraded and asked to be put into a lower grade holder. Most people would just dump those over graded cards on ebay and move on. I don't feel right about passing the trash onto another collector, so I would rather have PSA review them and hopefully do the right thing and remove the over graded cards from circulation. It's only in PSA's best interests to have accurately graded cards floating around out there.

Envoy, I've had some excellent customer service from Ivan at PSA at the card shows. He's their operations manager I believe. He's been great to deal with and seems to handle a lot of the grading problems. If you would like his email/phone just PM me.

Regards,
    Rich >>

I, too, have found Ivan to be extraordinarily helpful.