Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Buy, Sell & Trade thread 24 April - 28 April

If ya got stuff post 'emimage Here is my stuff no graded coins this time just some nice
Irish extras I had.
My ebay

Comments

• laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • ajaanajaan Posts: 17,071 ✭✭✭✭✭

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raising funds again (damn weddings are expensive) Click the link above the pic to see the auction.

NOTE: ALL AUCTIONS UP AND RUNNING NOW.

1951 South African 1D Proof

1951 South African 1/2D Proof

1951 South Africa 1/4D Proof

1748 Mexican Half Reale

1756 Peru Half Reale

1961 Italy L.500, Lettered Edge

1972 NGC SP65 Canadian Dollar
  • SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    That's a very pretty SA farthing cladiator.

Starting summer clearence, and making room for newcomers, some really nice certified coins this week here, thanks for looking. image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • AuldFartteAuldFartte Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭✭
    Yo Cladiator - Ebay says (on your 1951 1d proof) This listing (150116282390) has been removed or is no longer available.

My OmniCoin Collection
    My BankNoteBank Collection
    Tom, formerly in Albuquerque, NM.
  • SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, just saw the edited post, yep, they sure remove listings where cash is among the accepted forms of payment, without any warning and they do not refund the listing fees.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • 1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    What's wrong with cash?? I didn't know that was unacceptable these days. By the way, that's the only way I pay.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22

• << <i>What's wrong with cash?? I didn't know that was unacceptable these days. By the way, that's the only way I pay.

imageimageimage >>

yep, wrapped in advertisment papers as I remember. image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭
    I've taken Aethelred's lead and made a webpage of coins for sale. I need to raise funds, so these have to go! Lot's more to come...

Coins for sale

PM if interested in anything.

Highlights:

• Coincraft's 1999 Standard Catalogue English & UK Coins 1066 to Date. (Krause Publications)

Book is in excellent condition, no torn pages, no writing (that I have found), no spine creasing, a quick flip through doesn't show any dog ears (there may be a couple, but not many/if any at all), very minimal shelf wear on the corners/edges. I would grade the book AU-58.

Not sure what they go for, don't remember what I paid for it. My interests have shifted away from British coins, and no longer really care about having this book. Asking $25.00 delivered (USPS Media Mail). Will consider counter-offers, if this price seems too outrageous. PayPal preferred, other payments negotiated.
    I'm not afraid to die
    I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it

• English Milled & Hammered and World coins for sale. You can either browse all items by category or do an advanced search to find specific items.

Hope you find something of interest and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Click here for items currently on eBay

Thanks

Andy
  • clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Click the link above the pic to see the auction.
    >>

You going to relist the other SA proofs?
    MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.

<< <i>

<< <i>Click the link above the pic to see the auction.
    >>

You going to relist the other SA proofs? >>

Yes. The auctions that got nuked will be back up and running this afternoon with 3 day auctions. I waited because I want all of my auctions to close on the same day. I'll update the links when they're good to go.
  • BurksBurks Posts: 1,103
    I wish I had a job right now. Those Vatican coins stab at my heart every time I see them for sale. image They are really great looking coins.
    WTB: Eric Plunk cards, jersey (signed or unsigned), and autographs. Basically anything related to him

Positive BST: WhiteThunder (x2), Ajaan, onefasttalon, mirabela, Wizard1, cucamongacoin, mccardguy1

Negative BST: NONE!
    Ok, for those interested all of the auctions linked above have been relisted. All is up and running again.
  • GooberGoober Posts: 980 ✭✭✭
    1999 Austrian 200 Schilling 1/10 oz
    1999 American Eagle $5 1/10 oz
    2000 1/2 Sovereign Proof
    1895 German Hamburg 20 Mark

All four are in flips with a little of my pocket lint. All four for $355 shipped within the continental U.S. only. This is below spot and I'll throw the lint in for freeimage

Money order, cashier's check, personal check (will hold until it clears). Sorry no PayPal.
    Prost!

Why step over the dollar to get to the cent? Because it's a 55DDO.
  • BlackhawkBlackhawk Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭
    1919-KN British West Africa penny, key date...Moved to Ebay.

"Have a nice day!"
  • pendragon1998pendragon1998 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭
    Here are a few britannias I'm selling on eBay - they're Buy it Now or Make an Offer - check them out if you like the series!

My Items For Sale on eBay

Please, PM with any questions or requests! I aim to serve image

---------------

2003 Silver Britannia PCGS MS66
    The lovely Britannia and waves design (2003 only) in Royal Mint's brilliant uncirculated finish. (minor chip on corner of holder; coin intact)

2007 Silver Britannia
    This year's design (2007 only) features Britannia seated with cliffs in the foreground and a lion curled up at her feet. Brilliant uncirculated finish. Beautiful design!

Thanks for looking!!
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

Russia (Imperial): 1/4 kopeck, 1900 St. Petersburg mint, ICG MS66 RB.

A nice "tiny toner". $56.

imageimage

Persia (Iran): 2000 dinars (2 kran), 1911 (AH1330), choice AU.

Nice toning, particularly on the reverse. KM1041. Catalogs $30 in XF, $60 in UNC. $46.

Great Britain, 1887 Jubilee Head shilling, NGC AU55. $35.

Grey toning with gunmetal blue and green iridescence at the peripheries, which is mostly unseen in the scans below. White specks in picture are dust on my scanner bed.

Fresh back from ANACS just the other day, this one was probably my favorite buy at the recent Charlotte show. My hope was MS64, and it hit the target dead-center. Speaking of targets, this one has beautiful target toning on the reverse, with pale pinks, faint blues, and some sea greens that leap off the coin, particularly on the reverse. The colors came out a little better than I expected from a scanner, but the cartwheel luster beneath the toning does not show in the scans below.

When we had our Darksider's Dinner in Charlotte (at a great Chinese restaurant), I passed this beauty 'round the table and everyone made the appropriate oohs and aahs. Just ask Aethelred, Spinaker2000, Mongose, or rhound1977 if they remember seeing this one in hand. I consider it a trophy coin, at least in its price class. If the triple eights aren't cool enough, consider that the 1888 is also the lowest mintage for this short-lived denomination, with 243,000 struck. A Ripper who called himself Jack was terrozing London when this coin came off the dies.

Great Britain: 1888 double florin, ANACS MS64. $235.

1768 Gerrman States (Nuremberg) cityview thaler, ICG VF25. $225.

Nice medium grey, with no distractions at all. Cool cutouts in the insert, so you can see parts of the lettered edge.

bigger scan

USA, Capped Bust half dollar, 1832, AU55.

Brighter and more lustrous than picture indicates. The scanner washed out the luster as usual, and exaggerated the golds and browns considerably. The obverse is much whiter than it appears here. The reverse toning is a wild metallic blue/lavender, with the majority of the color also not showing in the scan. While this toning is unnatural, it is semi-attractive, in a bizarre sort of way.

Numismedia trend price is $360 for an AU55. I will sell it for $90 below trends because of the artificial toning. This is a sharp and very handsome coin, despite the AT. I do not know if the toning could be dipped off or not, or if I would even wish to attempt that. It might have been heat-induced. Like I said, this piece looks far better in hand and the colors on the reverse are truly wild looking. If you aren't uptight about AT and want a nice type coin for a Dansco album or something like that, this might be worth taking a chance on. Of course, it comes with a full return privilege, as do all the pieces here, so if you don't like it, fire it on back, and I will pay your return shipping. $270.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • ajaanajaan Posts: 17,071 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just ask Aethelred, Spinaker2000, Mongose, or rhound1977 if they remember seeing this one in hand >>

hmmph!!!!

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoops.

The 'Shroom saw it, too. image

I think.

(Hey, he was way down on the other end of the table, and I couldn't see him through my lo mein.)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.