Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

24 hours and counting

I sent off two PSA invoice on Jan 17,07. They logged in one on 1/21/07 and finished it around 2/20/07. The other package was entered in on 2/21/07. Tomorrow is the 45th day and I pray they forget about it just like they did when they logged this thing in. The invoice has around 50 cards on it and I would love to get 200 vouchers for this.

Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases

Comments

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I sent off two PSA invoice on Jan 17,07. They logged in one on 1/21/07 and finished it around 2/20/07. The other package was entered in on 2/21/07. Tomorrow is the 45th day and I pray they forget about it just like they did when they logged this thing in. The invoice has around 50 cards on it and I would love to get 200 vouchers for this. >>

Shane -- I'm afraid that the current policy is something like one voucher per entire order for grading late. [I was going to add in a lot of cynical comments about PSA, but I will refrain for the time being]

Marc
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    You should also pray that they don't read your message between now and the deadline.
  • Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭

Shane -- I'm afraid that the current policy is something like one voucher per entire order for grading late. [I was going to add in a lot of cynical comments about PSA, but I will refrain for the time being]

Well that changes things. Posting this message is a shrewd maneuver. I'd gladly forfeit the $6 or $8 dollar voucher and get it graded within 24 hours rather wait for perhaps days or even weeks to have it graded. Good move and good luck.
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    My most recent submision was posted at 5:00 P.M. of the 45th workday.
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    Marc-
    When I called two weeks ago they told me that they hardly miss a deadline and if they do it is one voucher per card per day. This happened to a friend of mine for the T3 sized cards about eight months ago. They were 4 days late and there were nine cards. They gave him 36 vouchers for the $25 day service.

At this point, I hope they take their time.

Shane
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    My last one was 49 days and I didn't get squat.
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    I've heard that it is one voucher per day late. It does not matter how many cards you sent in.image
  • Options
    I think the clock starts the day the order is logged. Bwlow is the official text from PSA on the vouchers. Condensed version = one voucher per day, total number of vouchers cannot exceed the number of cards on the invoice. So, 1954 will earn 1 free grading voucher per day for the next 50 days or until his grades pop, whichever is lower.

"PSA guarantees the turnaround times for clearly marked packages. PSA’s turnaround guarantee assures you that PSA will have grades available in the number of business days specified. For example, for Premium (Same Day),Walk-Through (Same Day), Super Express (2 Day), Express (5 Day), Regular (10 Day), PSA will have grades available the following number of days after the day our receiving department processes your order.The number of days it takes for the delivery agency (U.S. Registered Mail) to return graded cards/tickets to the submitter is not included in the number of days alloted to PSA’s turnaround guarantee. If PSA fails to meet the turnaround guarantee on paid submissions, you will receive a grading voucher equal to the number of days your order was delayed (not to exceed the total number of items). For example, if your order of 3 cards has a guaranteed turnaround time of 10 business days but was completed in 13 business days, you will receive 3 grading vouchers for the same service level; this excludes grading specials and complimentary submissions. Guarantees are invalid during the weeks of major card shows PSA attends. Note: Available services and turnaround times are subject to change. Visit our website at www.psacard.com or call us for a complete list of available services and current show schedule."
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    One other thing, I'm pretty sure that any of the 45 day submissions are not guaranteed. That's just the time they shoot for. It's in the fine print somewhere.
  • Options
    I am wrong. It is one voucher per day that it is late. They have had the package since January 21, 2007. PSA has no concern for service like this.

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    and you have to use the voucher on the same level of service, within 6 months. Good luck if you get a $5 special voucher and that special doesn't run for another 8 months.
    In the end you get your grades when you get them. It's a drag waiting, but I'd rather have them late and accurate than on time with mechanical or grading errors.
    Any Wilson's on there Shane?

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    Did he call and complain or did they just send him the vouchers.
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Shane, you gotta remember it's 45 working days. Since Jan. 21, we've had Washington's birthday, Lincoln's birthday, Valentine's day, Groundhog day, Denim day, Secretary's Day, Nat'l Turtle Day, Hollypark card show, tax day, April Fool's day, etc. You should see your submittal by August.image
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    Morrell-
    I never thought about those holidays. That means they have only had it for 21 official business days since Jan. 21.
  • Options

<< <i>I sent off two PSA invoice on Jan 17,07. They logged in one on 1/21/07 and finished it around 2/20/07. The other package was entered in on 2/21/07. Tomorrow is the 45th day and I pray they forget about it just like they did when they logged this thing in. The invoice has around 50 cards on it and I would love to get 200 vouchers for this. >>

Q: What happens if PSA is late on a guaranteed turnaround time?
    A: For all clearly marked packages and correctly filled out submission forms, if PSA fails to have grades available in the number of days specified from receipt of your paid submission, you will receive a grading voucher equal to the number of days your order was delayed up to the number of items on your order.

HERE YOU GO....
    For example, if your 10-card order has a guaranteed turnaround time of 10 business days but is completed in 13 business days, you will receive a grading voucher for 3 gradings at the same service level. If your 2-card order has a guaranteed turnaround of 10 business days but is completed in 13 business days, you will receive a voucher for 2 gradings at the same service level. Guarantees are invalid during the weeks of major card shows PSA attends. Note: Available services and turnaround times are subject to change. Check our Fee Schedule for PSA Services for current turnaround times and our Show Schedule for upcoming shows that may affect your turnaround time.
    Back to list

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    In the end you get your grades when you get them.

Yep

Steve
    Good for you.