Home Sports Talk
Options

Does anyone watch the NFL draft?

I usually watch the first few pics and then wait until day one is done and see who did what.

Comments

• Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942

<< <i>I usually watch the first few pics and then wait until day one is done and see who did what. >>

I watch most of the first round since those are usually the more well known names. It is rather long, I would like to see the time given
    for each team once they are "on the clock" reduced from 15 to no more than 10 minutes, it would speed things along a bit faster.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am good for 2 rounds.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    I watch it all the way through ... use the time to sort cards and have it on in the background. Gives me a few days of peace here in the nuthouse!
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    I have yet to be able to sit and watch the entire NFL Draft. Not because I don't want to, but because I always seem to have something planned or have to work on the Saturday of that weekend. Same thing this year...gotta work on that Saturday.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Personally, I can usually think of other ways to spend what is typically one of the first really nice weekends of the year (at least here in Michigan) than to sit in front of a T.V. watching teams I don't care about drafting players I've never heard of.
  • Options
    i watch entire day 1- some years ive watched all of it- depends on what is going on- this yr will be tough to watch all of day 1 but i will watch most of day 2 as well
    Looking to Trade and Buy Tony Romo GU/Autos/RCS
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    The only time I've ever watched it was 2 years ago but that was just because we were in a cabin at the lake and too hung over to move. image
    Travis
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Usually about the first ten picks or so. After that I start losing interest.
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    usually most of the first round. then i time it for the packers picks. unless there is a trade. so that means i have to check more often. draft weekend really drives my wife nuts. she not a sports fan in the first place so watch this really blows her mind.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read about it the next day. I can't stand listening to most sports announcers, and with no game to announce they are even more grinding on my nerves.
  • Options
    I only watch my teams first pick and then catch the rest on the ticker. It's great being a Browns fan b/c I only have to watch the first 30 minutes or so.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    i try to watch the first couple of rounds, on and off, and track it on the web, especially when the J-E-T-S are picking
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    i used ton watch it all the way through, Followed just about every pick.
    Now that I am married, I still watch most of it. The wife usually takes the kids and goes somewhere for me to watch it, because she knows she wont be able to watch anything else on tv for a few days.

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Worst picks of all-time:

link
  • Options

<< <i>Worst picks of all-time:

link >>

Shouldn't Tony Mandarich be on that list? (#2 pick for the Packers).
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    "Shouldn't Tony Mandarich be on that list? (#2 pick for the Packers). "

The list is the author's opinion on each first round draft position. So what your really asking is should Tony Mandarich be listed over Ryan Leaf? Ryan Leaf is the only player in any sport to suck so bad, he has a thread here in the Collector's Universe.....I think it's a good pick, or should I say good bad pick. Don't make me scan some of my Leaf rookies now.

Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    Yeah, but about the only big player projected as an early pick (top 5) that the Chargers passed on to take Leaf was Woodson... Woodson has been fairly successful, but consider this.

The Packers took Mandarich and passed on Barry Sanders, Derrick Thomas & Deion Sanders. They passed on 3 HOF'ers. Oooops. I say that indicates that the Packers pick was much worse than the Chargers.
  • Options
    nope, even golf might be more exciting image

• Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yeah, but about the only big player projected as an early pick (top 5) that the Chargers passed on to take Leaf was Woodson... Woodson has been fairly successful, but consider this.

The Packers took Mandarich and passed on Barry Sanders, Derrick Thomas & Deion Sanders. They passed on 3 HOF'ers. Oooops. I say that indicates that the Packers pick was much worse than the Chargers. >>

But you also have to factor in the fact that San Diego traded up to get that #2 pick, giving up two first-rounders, a second-rounder and Eric Metcalf.

Add that into the equation, and the Chargers really took it in the shorts.
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Yeah, but about the only big player projected as an early pick (top 5) that the Chargers passed on to take Leaf was Woodson... Woodson has been fairly successful, but consider this.

The Packers took Mandarich and passed on Barry Sanders, Derrick Thomas & Deion Sanders. They passed on 3 HOF'ers. Oooops. I say that indicates that the Packers pick was much worse than the Chargers. >>

But you also have to factor in the fact that San Diego traded up to get that #2 pick, giving up two first-rounders, a second-rounder and Eric Metcalf.

Add that into the equation, and the Chargers really took it in the shorts. >>

Certainly agree image But you're extra stupid for wasting a pick on a guy from East Lansing image
  • Options
    I like having it on the telly if I'm putzing around the house during the day.......but to just sit there and watch it?
    Ugh.
    I can't believe those ESPN guys can keep on top of things and stay so motivated thru-out the whole thing. Wonder how many milligrams of caffeine ol' Mel Kuiper ingests Saturday?! lol
    On Detroit talk radio, for weeks all's they keep bringing up is past failures on picks, and how Millen is bound to screw up again
    While the Pistons, Red Wings and Tigers are doing great, we like to focus on the negative......it's more fun!

pour an early one tomorrow! and toast one to wasted money!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Add that into the equation, and the Chargers really took it in the shorts. >>

Certainly agree image But you're extra stupid for wasting a pick on a guy from East Lansing image >>

Yeah.... MSU has not exactly wowed the NFL with great picks in recent years at least. image

Stanton might go in the second or third round as a backup QB.
  • Options
    I can't believe those ESPN guys can keep on top of things and stay so motivated thru-out the whole thing. Wonder how many milligrams of caffeine ol' Mel Kuiper ingests Saturday?! lol

Kuiper studies players year round (at least he says he does). His knowledge is pretty amazing on people deep into the draft, he
    is not always correct on his picks but he has a good understanding of their strengths and weaknessess.