What the $%#@ just happened ???

bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
FOUR in a row image
"The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
-- Yogi Berra

Comments

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I am not watching tv , chase gave up 4 in a row or dice-k?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    ahh ok i put the game on. big deal they were all solo shots.

Guy belongs in double a

he will survive it.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    chase did

LETS GO RED SOX!
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, back to back to back to back homers is somerthing you just don't see. When was the last time it was done in a game?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>Wow, back to back to back to back homers is somerthing you just don't see. When was the last time it was done in a game? >>

Minnesota Twins v. Kansas City Royals, May 2, 1964, 11th inning.
    (Tony Oliva, Bob Allison, Jimmie Hall, Harmon Killebrew)

If nothing else at least we saw history tonight image
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    << Wow, back to back to back to back homers is somerthing you just don't see. When was the last time it was done in a game? >>

(Tony Oliva, Bob Allison, Jimmie Hall, Harmon Killebrew)

If nothing else at least we saw history tonight

Thanks, bri! Wow, 43 years! I wasn't even born yet, LOL! On the bright side, it's still a one run game!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Not anymore it aint, The captain just tied it up.

Steve

also someone mentioned it happened last yr with the dodgers doing it. the thing about this and the 43 years ago one is that they were off the same pitcher.

paul foytack

last yr the dodger game it must have been off 2 or more pitchers. It tied the game up in the 9th inning. from what i read elsewhere.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

1964? did you mean 69? the royals were not around in 64.

the tv just mentioned the braves did it in 61.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Yeah, forgot about the Dodgers last year.

Here was those 4...

Dodgers 4 in a row
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    Yanks got the lead and Pettite in the game in relief!
  • Options
    lol not anymore..............7 ta 5 redsox.

lol

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    That video of the Dodgers was interesting.

It said the Dodgers were the fourth team in ML history to have 4 back to back homers. The makes the Red Sox just the fifth in the history of baseball.

What I found interesting was the guy who hit the second out of the fourth home runs in both games was the same guy!!

shawn
  • Options
    I love listening to Vin Scully.
  • Options
    great game, fun series.
    Yanks hung tough with god awful pitching! Should make for an interesting year.

Yank me's going to TB ? see how they fair against the kids.
  • Options
    The Yanks will be getting Wang back shortly since he just made his last rehab start giving up 3 ER in 5 Innings to the Ft. Myers Miracle of the FSL, so the pitching should get a boost soon. Matsui was also just activated by the Tampa Yankees. Sucks to see them get it back together but it'll happen.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    My fantasy team, which has Manny Ramirez and Mike Lowell, had a pretty decent night!

I really thought Wily Mo was going to make it 5 - man, that was fun to watch. I'm so glad I DVR'd the Sopranos and watched the game live!
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My fantasy team, which has Manny Ramirez and Mike Lowell, had a pretty decent night!

I really thought Wily Mo was going to make it 5 - man, that was fun to watch. I'm so glad I DVR'd the Sopranos and watched the game live! >>

Ahhhhh yes, the only thing the Yanks could count on all weekend and that was Wily Mo striking out. image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240