Home Metal Detecting
Options

Finally made it out this year - todays finds

StrikeOutXXXStrikeOutXXX Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
Seeing as we still had snow early in the week, I was happy to have a nice day. I only had a few hours, so for this year's maiden voyage I hit the corner of the High School parking lot where the snow had been plowed to/stacked all winter and the immediate area. I had to find where I hid the MD batteries from the kids over the winter, other than that, it was a fun few hours to just get out and work the creaks out from winter rest.

Nothing spectacular. My goal each outing besides the common change is at least one "Keeper" Keeper to me is either a silver coin or older copper, nice piece of jewelery, or anything interesting to put into my treasure box.

The 2 hours got me $5.25 in change (11 quarters, 17 dimes, 5 nickels, 55 cents, and 2 Canadian cents). Did find a .925 ring that had gotten beat up with a mower perhaps, a kids ring, lock, watch bezel, a skull-shaped zippo type of lighter, and some sort of tag marked "LuLu".

Everything that didn't go in the trash or winter bin:

Too bad it got beat up. Will go in a scrap silver shipment someday more than likely.

Had no idea what this was until I cleaned out the holes, but it's a butane lighter. Filler hole in the bottom, flame part on top and the thing sticking out the back of the skull is the lighter trigger you push down on.

The equipment worked and nothing is too sore yet, so I think I'm set for another year. I can only hope I get out more this year.

Jeff

------------------------------------------------------------

"You Suck Award" - February, 2015

Discoverer of 1919 Mercury Dime DDO - FS-101

Comments

• Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087
    Looks like you had a busy 2 hours. image

<< <i>a fun few hours to just get out and work the creaks out from winter rest >>

The creaks work out?image
  • Options
    >>it's a butane lighter<<

Cool lighter

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    StrikeOutXXXStrikeOutXXX Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The creaks work out?image >>

LOL sort of, while I don't call my self old yet pushing 36, I'm not exactly what you'd call young any more (So my kids tell me every chance they get). Right about now in my life every broken bone, sports injury, and sore spots from my youth are starting to remind me that they're there now and then.

I use to just bend over at the waist or a squat stance to dig, but towards the end of last season and today, I've now adopted the drop to one knee posture - much easier on the back. I'm not sure how I'd do in a year-round weather environment, I am getting to the point where I need a winter to recover image
    ------------------------------------------------------------

"You Suck Award" - February, 2015

Discoverer of 1919 Mercury Dime DDO - FS-101
  • Options
    Nice Work!

I'm with Jerry, I like the lighter!

Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage