Home Sports Talk
Options

2007 Los Angeles Dodgers of Los Angeles thread

TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
Saw threads for the Red Sox, Yanks, Mets, Phillies & 'Stros. Why not one for the team that currently has the best record in baseball?

Yeah, yeah, we're only 18 games into the season, so we can't really judge this team yet. However, I can't help but get a nice feeling about how things are going so far. Pierre is starting to hit. Furcal is back & healthy. Starting pitching has been lights out - can you believe that Hendrickson and Tomko are holding their own? Penny has been awesome (anyone know how that pitch in the 3rd inning tonight was called a ball???), Wolf has been steady and despite opening day Lowe has been doing well. Hopefully Schmit will rebound after his stint on the DL. If Betamit could hit, you might say there isn't a hole in our lineup 1 through 8 (and if Wolf is pitching, then there ain't a hole anywhere!).

Martin hitting the walkoff granny tonight is great stuff. Nice to see our kids performing well. Ethier's a gamer, Broxton is solid, Billingsley has strugged but I think he'll be fine, Wilson Valdez has been very solid off the bench. Kemp, Loney, LaRoche, Abreu, Delwyn Young at AAA. The future looks great!

Geordie

Comments

• Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    The Dodgers have been a great franchise and continue to be! image

GO DODGER BLUE!

...oh...and go Marlins too. image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    I have Furcal on my Fantasy team...he better start hitting lol.
    I think its a two way race, Dodgers, Padres. should be an interesting battle.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,513 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of Fantasy teams, whats the story with Jason Schmidt? Is he going to bounce back and be the pitcher I want him to be????
  • Options
    262Runner262Runner Posts: 606 ✭✭✭
    Go Giants!

Yeah I know what happen the first series...

Collecting all cards - Gus Zernial
    Post Cereal both raw and PSA Graded (1961-1963)

• Options
    I went to my first Dodgers game Sunday vs the Pirates. Ugly, ugly game. But at least I got to experience DODGER DOGS!
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I went to my first Dodgers game Sunday vs the Pirates. Ugly, ugly game. But at least I got to experience DODGER DOGS! >>

Did you spring for the all you can eat special in the pavilion? How were the concession lines? I read somewhere that McCourt had made a commitment to shorter wait times.

My son is down at CSU Long Beach. I usually catch at least one game down at Dodger Stadium each year. I should make plans to get down there before he breaks for the summer.

Geordie
  • Options

<< <i>Did you spring for the all you can eat special in the pavilion? How were the concession lines? I read somewhere that McCourt had made a commitment to shorter wait times.

My son is down at CSU Long Beach. I usually catch at least one game down at Dodger Stadium each year. I should make plans to get down there before he breaks for the summer.

Geordie >>

We didn't sit in the all-you-can-eat section, although that would be beyond great. You know, I was amazed at how fast the concession lines were. There was never more than 2-3 people in front of me and I never had to wait more than 5 minutes - which is certainly an impressive feat.