Home Sports Talk
Options

Will the Phillies Reach .500 This Year?

grote15grote15 Posts: 29,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
I mean, seriously, already they have a way to go! image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

Comments

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    They are .500 for their last 10 games which is a good start....yes, their first seven games were horrific, but that doesn't mean they can't turn around.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    They are .500 for their last 10 games which is a good start....yes, their first seven games were horrific, but that doesn't mean they can't turn around.

Actually, I agree, I was just having some fun with SteveK. image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    shhhhhhhhh let sleeping dogs lay.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭✭

Somebody insult my Phillies? image

• Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    When is their next series against my Reds?

That ought to do it. image
  • Options
    oh i misread....

i thought you said 500 Losses... my bad!

<kiddin>
  • Options
    Phils at 8 - 11, only 4 1/2 out and gaining. I attribute it all to this CU thread with a reverse kiss of death. Please keep rooting against the Phils Jerry - that will ensure a World Series victory for the Philadelphia Phillies!!!
  • Options
    Please keep rooting against the Phils Jerry - that will ensure a World Series victory for the Philadelphia Phillies!!!

Beating up on hapless Washington and beating the all powerful Mets are two entirely different things, Steve! Just compare the rosters side by side and you'll figure it out! LOL!

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Wow, Pets look good tonight at home against the always powerful Rockies..LOL

JS

PS. Did I mention Cole will have 20 when all is said and done?
  • Options
    Mets Magic Strikes AGAIN!!

We beat you with the long ball, we beat you with the BUNT! We beat you EVERY which way to Sunday Baby!! image

• Options

<< <i>Please keep rooting against the Phils Jerry - that will ensure a World Series victory for the Philadelphia Phillies!!!

Beating up on hapless Washington and beating the all powerful Mets are two entirely different things, Steve! Just compare the rosters side by side and you'll figure it out! LOL! >>

In all honesty, I think it is "likely" the Mets win the East. But your worst nightmare would be facing the Phillies in the playoffs. The Mets players are a bunch of mercenaries - they wanna go home come October and have no desire to continue playing after a long regular season. The Phillies players however desire a championship and will soundly beat the Mets if facing them in the playoffs. No way your Mets get to the World Series anyway.
  • Options
    A bunt with two outs at home in extra innings - one of the worst calls I've ever seen. It worked - but don't try that against the Phillies!
  • Options
    No way your Mets get to the World Series anyway.

I guess we'll see about that, Steve! They certainly look like a championship team right now, but the season is a long one. Just think, too, Delgado and Wright have but 1 HR between them and we're still 13-6 and in first place. Just imagine how scary good this team will be when those guys come alive!

• Options

<< <i>No way your Mets get to the World Series anyway.

I guess we'll see about that, Steve! They certainly look like a championship team right now, but the season is a long one. Just think, too, Delgado and Wright have but 1 HR between them and we're still 13-6 and in first place. Just imagine how scary good this team will be when those guys come alive! >>

Dam you seen happy tonight - if there's one thing I hate is a happy Mets fan! image

• Options
    Dam you seen happy tonight - if there's one thing I hate is a happy Mets fan!

LOL, Well it's been over 20 years since our last championship and I live in a town with more Yankee fans than Mets fans! image

• Options

<< <i>I mean, seriously, already they have a way to go! image >>

The thread's question has been answered.
  • Options
    TheGuyTheGuy Posts: 68 ✭✭

They definately had a chance.
    "Sometimes we don't know just what to do when adversity takes over." -- Cannonball Adderley
  • Options
    Wow, Stevek, you certainly seem excited about reaching that elusive .500 mark. I guess that's exciting for fans in Silly town since they have no shot at winning the East. Too bad you guys are back under. 500 again, though. My sympathies. Maybe I'll start a new thread: How many games out of first place will the Sillies finish?

For those keeping score at home, the margin is currently 6 1/2 games, after yet another awesome comeback today by the reigning NL East champs...

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    I was just cleaning up some old threads....the answer to this is

**** YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

JS
  • Options
    Oh man this thread stings image
  • Options

• Options
    Well, I guess they sure did, LOL!

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Thread resurrection time, eh?

PHI fan deserves it.

Well done image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

bwahahaha

• Options
    << I mean, seriously, already they have a way to go! >>

bwahahaha

Well, I was wrong about the Phillies, no doubt, a feeling that you should know all too well by now,as you've been owned over and over again on this board in just about every regard! Unlike you, though, I admit when I'm wrong instead of trying to spin.

Knew it was only a matter of time before you reared your slimy head to butt in here.

If nothing else, you're all too predictable. image

• Options
    I hope this means the end of grote boy until spring training, as a real mets fan wouldn't dare root for the yankees, and the giants and jets look done already.

• Options
    And on cue...

• Options

<< <i>the giants and jets look done already. >>

Yeah the Giants are done at 2-2. Dope.
  • Options

<< <i>

Yeah the Giants are done at 2-2. Dope. >>

And 2 behind the Cowboys...dope.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Yeah the Giants are done at 2-2. Dope. >>

And 2 behind the Cowboys...dope. >>

Wow you can do substraction!

To say a team is done at 2-2 shows for the millionth time your ignorance about sports in general.