Home Sports Talk
Options

2B

Has anyone else noticed how the majors has been hit with a whole ton of great hitting second baseman. In previous years you could count reliable hitting 2B on one hand. Not only do you have Cano, Utley, Roberts, and Kent, but you have Kinsler (who is this years breakout), Weeks, Giles, Freel, Durham, Bj Upton, Dan Uggla, Orlando Hudson, Polanco (finally playing full-time), Aaron Hill, Kelly Johnson, Kazuo Matsui (on fire before DL). All these guys are doing fairly well (except for Utley and Roberts who we know will come around).

All of them except Johnson, Uggla, and Weeks are hitting above .300. Yeah I know .300 at this time of the year is easy, but this is a break out position this year. I actually have choices at 2B in fantasy baseball now. image

Comments

• Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>All of them except Johnson, Uggla, and Weeks are hitting above .300. Yeah I know .300 at this time of the year is easy, but this is a break out position this year. I actually have choices at 2B in fantasy baseball now. image >>

Hitting .300 is nice, but by itself it doesn't help much. An empty .300 -- little power, few steals, few walks -- is not a particularly useful player in most fantasy leagues.
  • Options
    colebearcolebear Posts: 886 ✭✭
    For SB

Matsui has 5, Freel and Roberts have 4, and Giles , Phillips and Weeks have 3

For HR

Kinsler has 7, Phillips, Weeks, and DeRosa have 4, Wiggington has 3, numerous other have 2

For RBI's

Hudson and Kinsler 14, Wiggington 12, Derosa, Kent, Giles, and Hill all have 11

For Hits/Avg

Hudson 25/.373, Polanco 24/.381, Lopez 20/.294, Giles 20/.303, Hill 18/.327, Wiggington 17/.283, Kent 17/.313,

For Runs

weeks 16, Hudson 13, Kinsler, 12, Phillips, Johnson, and Freel 11, Kent, Freel, and Durham 10

They all have surprised me with their ability this year and would consider them having breakout years so far this year. Hopefully they can keep it up.