Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1972 Topps PSA cards and service from the seller

I am wondering what the typical wait time is before you set up a dispute with Paypal because of cards not being sent?
If you email the seller after about ten days,and get no email response,is that about right to then set up a claim?
For example,I paid one of the better well-known 1972 PSA set collectors the purchase price agreed to on 4/02/07.
After about ten days,I emailed the seller two or three times in the next couple of days,but got no response from him.
I then set up a dispute with paypal hoping to get a response from the seller.I did get the response but the seller suggested that I was impatient with him.He promised to send the cards out within the next few days...Today is April 20th and still no cards.I have purchased cards from literally hundreds of sellers,and have yet to have this kind of service.Is this unusual or is this typical for the seller????It is the SportsCardMan Store...Arnold Varona or Arny Vee???Any clues???I know he is usually responsive to the Set Registry Message board.....

Thanks....Bill

Comments

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    At this point, I would escalate your Paypal dispute to a claim.

A day or two delay by a seller can be understood -- perhaps a week in extra ordinary circumstances. But make it a claim while you still can to either invigorate the seller to act or to get your money back.

I had to initiate a Paypal dispute today on a $1,500 item that I paid for twelve days ago and still have not gotten. I really don't understand some sellers sometimes.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    That doesn't sound like the ArnyVee I know............there must be some serious issue involved here....
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭
    I have dealt with arny v. on a few occasions and I can say each and every time he shipped literally right away. I think one time he shipped before my payment was even received by him. Sounds like something is up!
    I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • Options
    Thanks for the response.That's what I am thinking as well.However,others who know him are saying that's pretty unusual for him.I guess I will wait until next week.I still ahve time to escalate.Good luck with your dispute.
    Bill
  • Options

<< <i>At this point, I would escalate your Paypal dispute to a claim.

A day or two delay by a seller can be understood -- perhaps a week in extra ordinary circumstances. But make it a claim while you still can to either invigorate the seller to act or to get your money back.

I had to initiate a Paypal dispute today on a $1,500 item that I paid for twelve days ago and still have not gotten. I really don't understand some sellers sometimes. >>

• Options
    Something is missing here.
    Whoever said we wash away with the rain ?
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArnyVee is stiffing you? Wow, I find that hard to believe, too. He's one of the good guys on these boards as far as I know...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Request his user info and give him a call. Unexpected things happen in rare instances. Maybe he's in the hospital or something along those lines.
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    I read a thread earlier this week or last week where somebody called out Arny about some cards. It had nothing to do with the thread. If this is the same deal I don't think calling him out again is going to speed things up. If I have you mixed up with somebody else I apologize in advance, but it really doesn't sound like that seller. He's known here for being a standup guy.
  • Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    Again, Bill Novick decides to take his usual outgoing ways to discuss a transaction.

Bill, please have some patience as I've already discussed with you what the issue was. As you can see (and from our NUMEROUS past deals with each other), I take care of the folks that I ship to.

I currently have two packages (yours and another very patient board member) that I've had an issue getting shipped. But, rest assured that you will receive your package as you always have from me. Both packages will be sent on Monday priority (overnight if I have to) to make sure that they get there by mid-week. I was originally under the impression that my wife had sent both packages early last week, but those were other ones that I had prepared to go out.

I'd like to publicly thank Robert (rvc) for the patience that he's exhibited. image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    Thanks for clearing the air Arny Vee!!
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

By the way Arny is still waiting for 4 PSA 9 78 Topps Dodgers cards i sent him that haven't arrived. Thanks to the wonderful world of USPS they have managed to lose this package. I have sent Arny his refund as two weeks have passed and neither of us have received the package. This guy is a class act all around. He could have come on these boards and start b**ching and moaning like some other people do here but he didn't.image
  • Options
    Hi Arny,Going public was the only way I got any kind of response from you.Why didn't you email me and tell me what was going on????I'm glad that you have such a good reputation...but if you couldn't email me or get the package out because1) it was your birthday weekend,and 2)then this week no delivery because you thought your wife was supposed to have mailed it...and still no emails all week...it sounds like YOU didn't take responsibility.The Paypal payment went through on April 2nd...itis April 21st and you still are saying that its going to be shipped on Monday April 22nd...makes me believe you were just sticking it to me.
  • Options
    As for Carew...after three weeks of no responses,I don't think I 'm b**ching.All I was looking for is some kind of SERVICE from the seller.When you don't get any responses or you get unfilled promises,WHAT DO YOU DO???Do you sit quietly and just expect that your package will drip from the sky???or do you ask for some civil answers from the message boards???
  • Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    Guys, I know Bill from our local card shows in Milwaukee. He's been a great customer over the years and an honest guy too. So sorry Arny, I'd have to side with Bill on this one. 20+ days of not shipping an item after a paypal payment is not reasonable.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, I know Bill from our local card shows in Milwaukee. He's been a great customer over the years and an honest guy too. So sorry Arny, I'd have to side with Bill on this one. 20+ days of not shipping an item after a paypal payment is not reasonable.

Based on what I've read so far, I'd have to agree with Bill in this case as well. Three weeks to ship is way too long, IMO.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Guys,

The issue was not whether I was late in shipping or not. I completely agree that my delay in shipping was not a good thing. I've dealt with Bill on many deals and have always paid him quickly and shipped just as quickly....heck, he really did help me finish my 1972 set with some low pop commons. But, for those folks that I've dealt with consistently and have known me to hold up my end of the bargain each time, you'd think that I'd get the benefit of the doubt when I say that I've been having my issues in shipping.

Again, I agree 100% that the delays were not good. But, I would think that 'outing' someone on a small deal ($50) when you've dealt in hundreds (and some folks on the boards, thousands) of dollars worth of trades and sales with people would be detrimental to a person's online reputation.

I definitely haven't had any major issues (delays in shipping have happened in the past from me, but not the norm) with most on the boards and on eBay.

At any rate, the only thing that I didn't agree with was the way in which Bill decided to take this 'public'. But, it is NOT his fault in regards to the deal that we had in place. I take full responsibility for that. Hopefully we can put this to rest shortly as Bill should have both of his cards by Wednesday or Thursday at the latest.

Bill, moving forward, please PM me on these boards rather than starting or continuing any threads about our deal. I appreciate it.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    To ARNY VEE,The issue is service from the seller to the buyer,not the fact that I went "public" by going to a message board.
    After the payment was made on 4/2/07,ten days elapsed before I did anything.I,then,emailed you on three different days asking you for a response.So I did try to keep it private,but I got no where.I opened up a dispute with PAYPAL after getting no response from you.Once I did this,you responded with the fact that I was being impatient,that it was your birthday weekend, and I would get my cards in a few days.Now,another week goes by.Still no emails from you.That's when I put the thread out and went public.My point is that it is the seller's responsibility to get back to the buyer and communicate what any problems may be so the buyer doesn't feel like he's being ripped off,ignored,or stiffed.That was why I asked the initial question in the first place...Is it reasonable to have to wait 20+ days from any seller without any communication from the seller.So,I will put this one to rest.Thanks to all that offered their opinions and ideas.I think it was helpful.
  • Options
    To Cardbender and Grote,Thank you for your input and support.It was unexpected ,but appreciated.Bill
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

Arny,
    I would suggest no more dealings with this individual to avoid any future problems. Apparently he likes to beat the dead horse.
  • Options
    Bill, here's your delivery confirmation number....

0306 3030 0002 3772 2143
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options

<< <i>Bill, here's your delivery confirmation number....

0306 3030 0002 3772 2143 >>

Just goes to show what I know, I thought he was already on a one way flight to Costa Rica.
    Whoever said we wash away with the rain ?