Home Sports Talk
Options

Josh Hamilton Bunker/Perkdog thread!

perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
This kid deserves a thread! He is on FIRE!!

Comments

• Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    I know it is early, but Josh Hamilton of the Reds is on fire! He just hit his 5th Home Run of the season and he has only had 23 at bats. Can you say Rookie of the Year?....image

The Reds had to move some players around to get him in the line-up and hopefully they will keep him there while he is hot. He is making some great plays on the defense as well.

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    It really is a great story. Glad to see he's got himself straightened out.

They were talking on the broadcast today, that when he was drafted #1, he was considered a true 5-tool superstar, and there were comparisons by some very respected scouts to him with Mickey Mantle.

He's 25, so still pretty young.

Unfortunately, the Reds have a bullpen.

On a side note, you could've bought this for about $40 as recently as a month ago.
    1999 topps traded

Probably could've got them for $10 back in December. Yikes.

shawn
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    This is kinda random, but do any of you watch that show "Flip this House" (or is it Sell This House?) on TLC or HGTV? The reason I ask is because they did a show a couple weeks ago in which this real estate company moved Shoeless Joe Jackson's house right outside a minor league ballpark. The reason I bring it up is because Josh Hamilton worked on the renovation crew. The owner of the real estate company was, at the same time, buying an Independent League baseball team and he was going to give Josh a chance to play on the team. It didn't take long before the Devil Rays were trying to see if they could bring him back to play and, as we all know, things worked out for Josh.

I've never had a drug problem myself, but I'm pulling for this guy in part because of what he's been through. He is the protypical prodigal's son and I really hope he meets this second chance with great success.