Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Why Do Some Individuals List there Registry Set and Take it Down Immediately Thereafter?

Doesn't seem to be much point to it especially if the set doesn't break into the top 95%.

I'm sure there must be some logic to it though. Can someone enlighten me?

Thanks!image
imageimage
Collector of Early 20th Century U.S. Coinage.
ANA Member R-3147111

Comments

• RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Perhaps testing to learn how to use the registry?

Russ, NCNE
  • Or to see where their set is at currently and what the GPA is.

Personally I list all my sets as I don't care who sees. Many of them will never be top 5. I do however make hypothetical spreadsheets to see what my GPA would be if I owned certain coins.

• Maybe they want to see the value that PCGS assigns to their "in between" grade coins, such as VF25 or VF35. Values for those grades, and others, often are not listed, if only because of space limitations, but PCGS will show their current assigned value IF they're a part of your registry set, although only when you're in the "edit" mode. image
    I am not kidding,

G99G
    I collect 20-slab, blue plastic PCGS coin boxes. To me, every empty box is like a beating heartimage NOT.

People come up sometimes, and ask me, G99G, are you kidding? And I answer them no, I am NOT KIDDING.

Every empty box?
    C'mon!
  • garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    Smoetimes they do this so they can link to the set for selling?
  • BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    perhaps just for the free grading certificates that can be garnered with a complete or nearly-complete set?
  • LeeBoneLeeBone Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>perhaps just for the free grading certificates that can be garnered with a complete or nearly-complete set? >>

Good answer image
  • BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>perhaps just for the free grading certificates that can be garnered with a complete or nearly-complete set? >>

Good answer image >>

I reminded myself I need to ask for mine!
  • RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Smoetimes they do this so they can link to the set for selling? >>

Also, perhaps, to let people know which coins they are looking for to complete or upgrade the set.