Home Sports Talk
Options

Luis Tiant & the Soup Nazi.... strange, but true!

with a title like mine how can you NOT look??

Today for lunch I wandered across the street to the local galleria/food court.... get my McDonalds and sit down for lunch. I noticed a long winding line of people waiting for a new restaraunt to start serving...its a soup place run by Al Yeganeh, the soup nazi guy based on the Seinfeld character....well he was there promoting the place and standing next to him was Luis Tiant lol. I guess they have a special soup for Boston called the GREEN MONSTER... its some sort of split pea concoction....

anyhoo. He was sitting 2 feet away from me so I went up and shook his hand and said howdy. Very nice gentlemen. Someone in the soup line won free soup for life lol.

That might prove to be very cost effective as the cheapest soup was $4.95 for a small. ouch! a few large ones were almost $10.00 like the lobster bisque....

It was an unusual lunch so I just had to share.

cheers
Leo

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tiant has been and still is my favorite pitcher.
  • Options
    I wonder how good the soup tastes.
    Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

• Options
    I had the soup at the original place in NYC. Everything you saw on Seinfeld is true. It was a quiet, quick process through the line to get your soup, and believe me, the line was down the block for this guys soup.

Best soup I ever had...
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's got to be a bazillionaire with those prices and those lines.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    NO SOUP FOR YOU!

Capecards
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    The original was a cool place, and the soup was indeed awesome (usually). I am not sure why he decided to franchise the brand almost 10 years after Seinfeld made him famous, but enough people will be curious enough to try it I'm sure. There is one in a mall near me, and I get lunch there once in a while - one time I asked for a large soup to go (kind of like the size of a large soup from a Chinese take-out) and was shocked. Chicken noodle (I had a bad cold!) soup - $19.95!

At least they threw in a free apple.
  • Options

<< <i>The original was a cool place, and the soup was indeed awesome (usually). I am not sure why he decided to franchise the brand almost 10 years after Seinfeld made him famous, but enough people will be curious enough to try it I'm sure. There is one in a mall near me, and I get lunch there once in a while - one time I asked for a large soup to go (kind of like the size of a large soup from a Chinese take-out) and was shocked. Chicken noodle (I had a bad cold!) soup - $19.95!

At least they threw in a free apple. >>

He closed up shop in NYC back 10? years ago because of Seinfeld--he couldn't deal with the publicity. I guess getting called the soup nazi hundreds of times a day could wear on you. Maybe he thinks the Seinfeld lore is a thing of the past and he won't get the notoriety this time around...
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    ya know, I did notice that, free fruit with your soup. apples, oranges and bannanas....