Home Sports Talk
Options

Phillies lose again!

mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
and totally deplete their pitching staff in the process.

ARGH
I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.

Comments

• Options
    The Phillies could be the 2007 preseason Nationals.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Did I read the boxscore right...B Myers on in relief? Can't win many games when Howard and Rollins go hitless.

Chuck Manual out before May

JS
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JS,

Did you catch the Mets score tonight?

Just wondering....

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Dontrelle sucks, we all know that.

JS
  • Options
    KOBEcollectorKOBEcollector Posts: 3,873 ✭✭
    Dontrelle sucks, we all know that.

He was 3-0 before the game but he sure sucked last night
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Phillies Skipper needs to be fired now before its too late. Actually it prolly is too late...
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    They (the Phillies) also own the dubious record of most losses in the history of MLB. Atlanta is 2nd followed by the Cubbies.
  • Options

<< <i>They (the Phillies) also own the dubious record of most losses in the history of MLB. Atlanta is 2nd followed by the Cubbies. >>

The franchise would essentially have to win 162 games a season, for OVER SEVEN SEASONS, to even get their franchise record back to .500
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    The Phillies have left 131 runners on base in 13 games this season...

that is the most of any team this early in the season in over 35 years...
  • Options
    It sounds like the Philly bats had been reading the newspaper before the season and thought all they would have to do is
    show up and win the NL East. Early blown saves didn't help the moral either, but Chuck needs to right the ship or he is going to
    start getting a few D batteries bouncing off his head.

JS
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    What I do not understand is all this talk on firing Manuel. He should have been let go before the season, as there was talk of firing him when he hits a skid - if there is that much doubt, just get it over with.

Once again, the Phillies disappoint.

I hope my two sons decide not to be Philadelphia fans.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Transcript from "The Natural"

...which are so
    inherently symptomatic...

...of a losing team.

Sorry, doc, I had a little...
    You know.

The mind is a strange thing, men.

We must begin by asking it...

..."What is losing?"

Losing is a disease...

...as contagious as polio.

Losing is a disease...

...as contagious as syphilis.

Losing is a disease...

...as contagious as bubonic plague...

... attacking one...

... but infecting all.

But curable.

Now, I want you to imagine...

...you are on a ship at sea...

...on a vast...

• Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    One has to wonder if there is some curse on the Phillies. Every year they look like contenders on paper. Some years they look like the "team to beat" in the NL East. But year in and year out, the Phils win considerably fewer games than "paper" says they should win.

That, I suppose, is why they play the game.
  • Options

<< <i>One has to wonder if there is some curse on the Phillies. Every year they look like contenders on paper. Some years they look like the "team to beat" in the NL East. But year in and year out, the Phils win considerably fewer games than "paper" says they should win.
    >>

Add in some bad trades over the years (Ryne Sandberg, Fergie Jenkins, etc.) plus the observation that it sure seems a lot of players prosper as soon as they leave Philadelphia. Abreu improved after moving to the Yankees. Jim Thome has done better with the White Sox than he did with the Phillies, pre-injury. Billy Wagner has done great with the Mets. Even Randy Wolf seems to be off to a better start with LA...
  • Options
    CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    Trust me, I know the feeling.

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Add in some bad trades over the years (Ryne Sandberg, Fergie Jenkins, etc.)... >>

I would think Abreu-for-Stocker negates these bad trades to a large degree.
  • Options
    Maybe its cause the cheap *** Phillies think they can make a run with pitchers names Eaton, Madison and crusty
    closers who were once good.

I have seen it every year. One ace on the team who pitches complete games losses and 3 pitchers who wouldn't be the #5
    guy on a lot of teams. I can't remember the last lights out closer we had. and then even if we did, if the starter doesn't go
    7, the middle relief is going to lose the game before it gets to him.

Of course it doesn't help that the bats have yet to wake up. cmon.

JS
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    their winning today!!!!

2-0 so far
    of course the bullpen hasn't been used yet
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started