Home Sports Talk
Options

2199 passing yards - 12 TD's - 13 INT's - QB rating of 66.7

Gets you a Madden 08 Cover. I do not understand what all the rave is with Vince Young. Sure the Titans won some games, but a handful were won by the defense. He's a bigger version of Michael Vick and we have all seen what he has done.

Comments

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    You forgot to add...won them multiple games and ROY, in a year with a stacked rookie class.

Lets give him a few more seasons before we call him the next Mike Vick!

JS
  • Options
    Calling him Mike Vick is not a compliment - that's my point. He helped win some games, but at this stage is hardly the superstar everyone is crowning him to be.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vince Young turned around a Titans team that was left for dead last year before he came in, and they were one of the hottest teams in football the last two months of the season. It's absolutely amazing what an impact he had on that team, and I think he will be better than Vick, but we'll see.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    He needs to be so much more than what he was last year for the Titans to improve. QB's that run do not have success in the NFL. Now please note there is a difference in a mobile QB and a running QB. Averaging 161 passing yards and less than one touchdown pass a game will not cut it in the NFL.

Now winning a game masks alot of things and winning is ultimately what the fans want.
  • Options
    Now winning a game masks alot of things and winning is ultimately what the fans want.

Winning is everything, and the Titans were 0-5 with Young on the bench and 8-3 with him as their starter. I believe he has a bigger upside than Michael Vick, but time will tell.

He certainly exceeded all expectations last year as a rookie coming off the bench, and the Madden game is marketed for a younger crowd and a guy like Young has mass appeal to that demographic group, so I can certyainly understand why he's on the cover. Now, if he gets injured because of that...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    I agree with the whole young crowd and marketing. Wonder if Reggie Bush was asked????
  • Options
    Wonder if Reggie Bush was asked????

After Shaun Alexander's injury last year, he probably refused, lol!

• Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Now winning a game masks alot of things and winning is ultimately what the fans want. >>

I can't say that this is the most absurd sentence I've ever read here being that this is the CU Sports Talk board, but, Volver, dude, c'mon.

I'm totally not a Vince Young fan and think he - like any second-year player - still has a lot to prove, but Titans fans and really NFL fans in general have to be excited about VY's future.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Now winning a game masks alot of things and winning is ultimately what the fans want. >>

I can't say that this is the most absurd sentence I've ever read here being that this is the CU Sports Talk board, but, Volver, dude, c'mon.

I'm totally not a Vince Young fan and think he - like any second-year player - still has a lot to prove, but Titans fans and really NFL fans in general have to be excited about VY's future. >>

Why is that sentence so absurd? It is deadon...If teams win games a players individual performance is not under a microscope as much as when a team is losing.
  • Options
    It's not even the games he won but all the comebacks he had for a rookie.

That 3-game stretch which began with the dramatic comeback from 21-0 down in the 4th quarter to win 24-21 against the Giants, followed by the win against the Super Bowl champ Colts and capped with his 39-yd rushing TD in OT to beat Houston was a remarkable run for any QB, let alone a rookie QB with half a season under his belt.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Most Bears fans would agree with you. I wonder how Wrecks Grossman will do next year....

joe
  • Options
    I loved the sports illustrated line saying he (rex) looked like he was playing the super bowl in oven mitts and ski boots. I faxed that to all of my friends in chicago to rub it in (Seahawk fan btw).

joe
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vince Young brought a lot to the Titans franchise last year and showed us glimpses of what good things he will do once he gets a firm grip on the NFL. I dont know if his stats are worthy of a Madden cover but the exitement that surrounds him is worthy (At least in Tennessee)