Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Anyone submitted a 70T FB Poster for grading?

I believe PSA started grading the poster inserts for the 70T FB. Has anyone actually submitted any and if so how tough were they overall considering the folds.
ALWAYS LOOKING FOR HIGH GRADE VINTAGE SAN DIEGO CHARGERS, ESPECIALLY OL' LANCE!!!

Comments

• Options
    I have not submitted a 70FB poster but I have submitted some 67 baseball posters. Technically, the folds don't impact the grade as long as the item was distibuted folded. That being said the folds do create problems with the posters though. I have seen posters where the fold is so frail that it has been split or where the 4 folds intersect a small hole appears. These will impact the grade. I have sent three posters in a received two 5 and a 7. One of the 5's had a slight crease on the back but I have yet to find a major flaw on the other 5 yet. All three items disctincly show the folds as they were distributed in the packs that way. I hope this helps.

Enjoy,
    Doug
    drivard@optonline.net
    Looking for well centered 1958 topps baseball psa 8 and up. Also dying for a 70 Aaron All Star in PSA 9.
  • Options
    Thanks Doug,
    One last question, does PSA actually slab these posters?
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR HIGH GRADE VINTAGE SAN DIEGO CHARGERS, ESPECIALLY OL' LANCE!!!
  • Options
    Howdy Boltboy!
    I submitted a complete '71 topps football poster set last month! It was interesting to see how psa graded them with the paper so frail and centering all over the place. I ended up with one psa 10, numerous 9's, 8's, 7's, 6's, and psa 8oc's. When submitting look for posters that are decently centered, have sharp corners, no tears in the folds, and decent centering on the back.
    PSA has a new supersized holder that fits the '71 posters which are 5x7 in size! The posters look great in the holder and they can be submitted under the $8 bulk for tall boys/oversized if you send in 25 at a time. Give me a holler if you have any more questions! The worst grade I got was a psa 2 on Alworth. The poster was nice but yellowed which dropped it way down! The psa 10 I got was of Bobby Bell. I chose the best posters I had out of 6 complete sets I'd bougth over the past couple of years!
    Paul
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    not graded, so its somewhat off topic, but i picked this up from the Topps Vault last year.. just because i collect bob hayes stuff..

·p_A·
  • Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    That's a great looking Bob Hayes poster. I'm also a collector of both the 1970 and '71 Topps FB posters. I don't think PSA grades the larger 8x10 posters like the 1970 issue yet. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Hey Paul,
    How about posting some of your nicer '71 Posters here so we can all see them?

Doug,
    Same with you, let's see them Baseball posters in slabs too.
    I collect that set as well.

Take care Poster guys....

Rich
  • Options
    I wish I had a scanner to post some pictures but I don't! The best I can do is share my sub: 610536 zip: 56537
    Paul