Home Sports Talk
Options

NY Rangers !

bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
WOW !!!

They played one of the most dominating games you'll ever see tonight. A 7-0 win for their first playoff victory in 10 years and a 3-0 advantage in the series.
"The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
-- Yogi Berra

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW !!!

They played one of the most dominating games you'll ever see tonight. A 7-0 win for their first playoff victory in 10 years and a 3-0 advantage in the series.

Wow is right! Unlike last year, the Rangers really seem to be peaking now at the right time, just in time for the playoffs. Question now is can they get past Buffalo if they wind up meeting them next round as expected? I dare say I think so, esp. with Lundqvist riding the hot hand!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    They are definately not the same team they were 2 short months ago.

Who knows if they will continue this play but I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts image
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    KOBEcollectorKOBEcollector Posts: 3,873 ✭✭
    Ranger season changed when they acquired Avery

Last year they peaked too soon, this year their peaking at the right time

Go Rangers !!
  • Options
    <<A 7-0 win for their first playoff victory in 10 years>>

Great victory by the Broadway Blues. It's the first playoff victory at home in 10 years. They are up 3-0 in the series.

Go Rangers!

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Rangers will have a big problem with Buffalo, although if Tampa wins I can see them getting by Ottawa if things break right. I cannot root for any team that has Shawn Avery on the payroll, so the sooner the Rangers are done with the better, but it isn't inconceivable that they make it to the Eastern finals.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way to Go Broadway Blueshirts!! On to Buffalo (or Ottawa)! As a Rangers fan, I'd prefer the NY-Buffalo matchup, even though the Sabres are the top seed, I don't think the Rangers match up well against Ottawa's much bigger line.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    I agree Grote.

Even though the Rangers are playing their best hockey right now Ottawa has a big, physical team that could cause them trouble. It seems they would match up much better against Buffalo.

No matter what they do from here it was great to see them in this first series. Its a shame they had been down for so long that one solid series meant so much but thats how it goes.
    -- Yogi Berra